• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug testing during pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antigone*

:eek:I have a beautiful intellelent 6 year old daughter, without ANY abnormalities!! I was high on majuana the whole pregnancy. Don't anybody start lecturing about me endangering my child!!! I'm not asking for advice... You should all lay off!! You obviosly know nothing, other than what you have heard or read or that a dr has told you.These woman are asking for some positive input. If you don't have any, then just stay out of it, they have enough people lecturing them about this crap.. Did you ALL know, that the reason it is illegal in the U.S. is because the government doesn't know how to tax it or make $ off of it??? BACK OFF!! I am preg again, don't smoke near as much, and they have drug tested me. Once again, not asking for advice. I am concerned, because just because i smoke some weed occasionally, does NOT make me an unfit parent.. Let someone try to take my child. I dare them to
Excellent first post.:rolleyes: See what a little pot smoking can do:rolleyes:.

Ok, people the village has lost it's idiot. :cool:

cyjeff

Okay, I get a shot at this "smoking hot momma" cause she picked MY post...

:eek:I have a beautiful intellelent 6 year old daughter, without ANY abnormalities!! I was high on majuana the whole pregnancy.

Is she smart enough to know that mom thought her pot smoking was more important than her safety?

Because you risked... even smoking cigarettes was dangerous... and you were HIGH.

Weren't you even a bit curious as to what you were doing to your child? Or did you just joke about it?

Yeah... the benefits of pot.

Don't anybody start lecturing about me endangering my child!!! I'm not asking for advice... You should all lay off!! You obviosly know nothing, other than what you have heard or read or that a dr has told you.
Um, yeah.

I don't have a medical degree. Therefore, I listen to people that do.

I guess you would believe that, rather than a doctor, I should listen to a pothead.

Um, no.

These woman are asking for some positive input. If you don't have any, then just stay out of it, they have enough people lecturing them about this crap..
Apparently not if they are still doing it.

Did you ALL know, that the reason it is illegal in the U.S. is because the government doesn't know how to tax it or make $ off of it??? BACK OFF!!
I didn't know pot made you paranoid.

I am preg again, don't smoke near as much, and they have drug tested me.
If it is so good for your baby, why aren't you smoking nearly as much?

Once again, not asking for advice
Damn, did you come to the wrong place.

I am concerned, because just because i smoke some weed occasionally, does NOT make me an unfit parent
Is that what your medical degree told you?

Let someone try to take my child. I dare them to
Nah, instead they will just find your child a home when they take you away.

They won't even have to double dog dare you or anything.

Emily513

You people are gross

So judgemental. In all of my pregnancy books where it says drug dangers...even in what to expect it says "nothing has been proven about smoking marijuana while pregnant." It doesn't encourage it though. Everything you read online is a load of ****. Who cares if she smoked a little pot while pregnant. I know people who have and their kids came out perfect. out of all of their cousins they were born the healthiest. The lady was asking for advice not to be attacked. and i highly doubt any of you nay sayers are lawyers. Ethics...hello? If you are here to offer advice, thats it....Free Advice i believe its called not free i think im better than you because i have the mental of a 10 year old dork. cigarettes are fine though right cause they are legal...losers. BTW i knew a girl who smoked crack her entire pregnancy (NOT a friend a neighbor and yes suprisingly in a nice area) she stopped a month before the baby was born and she tested neg. and no cps was involved. The system sucks. Her dr. knew she smoked rock with this and her last pregnancy and that one got taken away from her cause she tested positive, this one she kept, and is full on crackhead again. thank god the baby lives with the dad but not thanks to cps. smoke pot oh my god! smoke crack its fine....whatever leaves your body quicker is better apparently in NY.:eek: You should all be ashamed. He withouth sin cast the first stone, and looking down your nose at people in disgust your really looking at yourself with a stupid cross eyed face.

Proserpina

So judgemental. In all of my pregnancy books where it says drug dangers...even in what to expect it says "nothing has been proven about smoking marijuana while pregnant." It doesn't encourage it though. Everything you read online is a load of ****. Who cares if she smoked a little pot while pregnant. I know people who have and their kids came out perfect. out of all of their cousins they were born the healthiest. The lady was asking for advice not to be attacked. and i highly doubt any of you nay sayers are lawyers. Ethics...hello? If you are here to offer advice, thats it....Free Advice i believe its called not free i think im better than you because i have the mental of a 10 year old dork. cigarettes are fine though right cause they are legal...losers. BTW i knew a girl who smoked crack her entire pregnancy (NOT a friend a neighbor and yes suprisingly in a nice area) she stopped a month before the baby was born and she tested neg. and no cps was involved. The system sucks. Her dr. knew she smoked rock with this and her last pregnancy and that one got taken away from her cause she tested positive, this one she kept, and is full on crackhead again. thank god the baby lives with the dad but not thanks to cps. smoke pot oh my god! smoke crack its fine....whatever leaves your body quicker is better apparently in NY.:eek: You should all be ashamed. He withouth sin cast the first stone, and looking down your nose at people in disgust your really looking at yourself with a stupid cross eyed face.

LOL like we don't know you're just another troll?

Really, Emily?

How did you find this site and thread, pray tell?

Oh. We know.

And seriously - YOU need to read your last sentence yourself, honeypie.

Antigone*

LOL like we don't know you're just another troll?

Really, Emily?

How did you find this site and thread, pray tell?

Oh. We know.

And seriously - YOU need to read your last sentence yourself, honeypie.
Not just another troll...

Another pothead, druggies, who-cares-about-their-kids-health kinda troll.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: those were for you Pro.

Proserpina

In Europe it is not uncommon for physicians to recommend - and yes, even prescribe - marijuana - to pregnant women to combat morning sickness.

With that said it's painfully obvious that we have a couple of trolls present who have nothing better to do on a Friday night...

;) :D

And yes - I have less than 3 hours to go!
:p

mistoffolees

My point is that it is not as clear cut. The patient has to be informed of WHAT TESTS are being done and give clear consent. And without a waiver signed BEFORE the state is informed.. that is an issue.

I bring this up only because it is an important case that can be an argument. There are a few ways that CSB is brought in because docs are mandated reporters but even then they need something to go on. AND blood tests done without the permission of the parent are NOT legal.
Obviously, I have no idea what OP signed, but when my ex went into the hospital to have our baby, we must have signed 30 or 40 different forms. It would not surprise me one bit if testing for drug use covered by one of the forms.

There may also be medical issues. If the baby was born with a low apgar or any other problems, the doctors might routinely do a drug screen - in the interest of providing proper care for the baby.

cyjeff

Yes, but at least we all understand how a frigging calendar works.

You dredged up a year old post to say, "Pot is fun and should be legal"?

justalayman

He withouth sin cast the first stone, and looking down your nose at people in disgust your really looking at yourself with a stupid cross eyed face.
well, get me a bushel basket full of rocks because I don't smoke pot or crack, nor any other illegal drugs, nor cigarettes, cigars, pipe, chew tobacco, or drink alcohol.

damn, I must be the most boring guy around.:(

He withouth sin cast the first stone, and looking down your nose at people in disgust your really looking at yourself with a stupid cross eyed face.
What movie is this?:

"Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack!"

Sorry ... but considering the post, it seemed relevant. o_O

justalayman

the internet makes things too easy.

"The Waterboy"

Lawrence Taylor (as himself): Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack.

I don't think smoking put during pregnancy is a wise idea, nor would I ever do it myself, but I don't think it's anything anyone should be too excited over. Two of my friends used it for relief of morning sickness during their pregnancies. Both are good mothers with healthy children, but of course they are somewhat of the exception to the rule. Some studies suggest a high potential for negative effects; others suggest this is not so. A few links:

Pot and Pregnancy: A Potent Mix? - Ask Dr. Weil

The Debate on the Effects of Marijuana Use During Pregnancy

I'd say the jury is still out. However, as everyone else was saying, hospitals can and do drug test maternity patients on a whim without their consent and call CPS for a positive result. That's a huge risk to take. I'd steer clear of the greenery.

justalayman

and doctors thought thalidomide was the greatest drug created to combat morning sickness. While it might have been great for morning sickness, the kids that ended up with problems generally don't think it was a fair trade off.

The jury is still out on pot and pregnancy but given the mental problems our society is experiencing on such a huge scale (kind of odd that a lot of those problems started showing up about the same time our drug culture showed up), I would think mothers would err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">