• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdmmirage904

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

i nned some advice. my mother and my sister have not been talking for a good couple of months and a couple of days ago my mom took my brother to her house. as soon as my sister saw my mother trying to go back to the car my sister started cursing at my mom charging towards her so in self defense, my mom struck at her. they started fighting and then my sister in-law. pulled my mom of and my sister continued to attack. my brother noticed the fighting and pulled her away,then my mom left.

my sister then called the police and pressed charges. my mom had a warrant and was arrested yesterday. i got her out on bond and she has court on the 14th of july. my sister has 2 previous DV records...which one was with her current husband, and and one with her ex-husband.

should my mother press charges aswell. and what would the outcome be.

i appreciate the replys

st-kitts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

should my mother press charges aswell. and what would the outcome be.
Honestly, no one can answer that question. If your mother makes a report to the police regarding your sister's actions and the DA pursues charges, it does not automatically cancel out the charges against your mother. She would still have to defend herself against those charges unless they are dropped by the DA.

Blue Meanie is giving you good advice. Steer clear of the drama. It will not lead anywhere good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">