• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Effect of Domestic Violence on Immigration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandy44

What is the name of your state? California

My brother married an american citizen gal almost 2 years ago. He immigrated to US and soon after my brother was falsely accused of domestic violence. The cops came and saw that there was no concrete evidence of violence, but there was one red mark on my brother's wife's back. My brother was arrested and taken in. The case started and we were suggested by our lawyer not to contest. So we did wat he said and my brother was told to attend the domestic violence classes for one year. Now after one year his case has been dismissed. His date of renewal for the green card comes this June. Now that he is divorced will there be any effect of the domestic violence case on his green card renewal ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">