• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elder abuse will he get jail time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julieinkentucky

What is the name of your state? fl
Can someone please give me some hope and answers here? My ex inlaws, have a son who is 51 years old, he is "crazy" i mean it really. He is alcoholic, very angry and very dangerous. He has been arrested several times over the past year , once for simple battery, making false 911 calls, etc. He is violent and angry towards his parents who are in their middle 80's. A few days ago, he was at their house which he is not suppose to be, he was banned from going to their condo complex because he was in loud shouting match and threatened the manager there. cops were called he was arrested.
Any way, a few days ago he hit his dad who is 88 in face, he fell landed on the tv stand cut up his arm, he then turned to his mother who is 86 and can't get out of chair and started to shoved her eye glasses into her face with great force, the father called police, and about 4 cops came arrested him. he is now charged with 784.03 (2) with prior offense.
Please tell me this man will get some prison time! Does anyone know the law and what the time could be? he was given a public defender and plead not guilty. I am so afraid he will kill them his attacks are getting worse, from verbal, to aggressive verbal, then some shoving, now actually hit them. Please someone tell me he will go to jail. he has no home, he is disabled and lives on his check and stays at hotels when he runs out of money every month, he calls his poor parents and they take him in for a week or til his next check comes. but they can not take him in again and won't. I live in different state and fear for them. can anyone shed any light on this? will he be put away? his bond was set for 10000, and he has 2 charges against him, felony battery,both the same, will he get out of this?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? fl
Can someone please give me some hope and answers here? My ex inlaws, have a son who is 51 years old, he is "crazy" i mean it really. He is alcoholic, very angry and very dangerous. He has been arrested several times over the past year , once for simple battery, making false 911 calls, etc. He is violent and angry towards his parents who are in their middle 80's. A few days ago, he was at their house which he is not suppose to be, he was banned from going to their condo complex because he was in loud shouting match and threatened the manager there. cops were called he was arrested.
Any way, a few days ago he hit his dad who is 88 in face, he fell landed on the tv stand cut up his arm, he then turned to his mother who is 86 and can't get out of chair and started to shoved her eye glasses into her face with great force, the father called police, and about 4 cops came arrested him. he is now charged with 784.03 (2) with prior offense.
Please tell me this man will get some prison time! Does anyone know the law and what the time could be? he was given a public defender and plead not guilty. I am so afraid he will kill them his attacks are getting worse, from verbal, to aggressive verbal, then some shoving, now actually hit them. Please someone tell me he will go to jail. he has no home, he is disabled and lives on his check and stays at hotels when he runs out of money every month, he calls his poor parents and they take him in for a week or til his next check comes. but they can not take him in again and won't. I live in different state and fear for them. can anyone shed any light on this? will he be put away? his bond was set for 10000, and he has 2 charges against him, felony battery,both the same, will he get out of this?
His bond amount is discouragingly low....I would hope that he would get jail time, because in my opinion his crimes are horrendous.

Just Blue

The statute you quoted is assault with an "enhancement"...Meaning because they are elderly the charge will have an increased sentence.

Sorry...I tried to find the term for sentencing but was unable to ....

julieinkentucky

jail or not?

this creep had a bail hearing, guess thats what it is called yesterday, his bail was lowered to 1000 from 10000 on both charges, so i guess when he gets his check 1st of the month he can get out of jail for 200? monday he has arraignment. can someone please explain this process? the state attorney's office called the elderly victims and told them to come and talk to them if they like. does that mean the case can be prosecuted without the couple coming forward? they did not press charges, the officer at the scene did. i pray he goes to prison but now it doesn't look like it.... its felony battery x 2 with one or more priors. both victims his parents and middle 80s. please tell me he will get some time

LdiJ

this creep had a bail hearing, guess thats what it is called yesterday, his bail was lowered to 1000 from 10000 on both charges, so i guess when he gets his check 1st of the month he can get out of jail for 200? monday he has arraignment. can someone please explain this process? the state attorney's office called the elderly victims and told them to come and talk to them if they like. does that mean the case can be prosecuted without the couple coming forward? they did not press charges, the officer at the scene did. i pray he goes to prison but now it doesn't look like it.... its felony battery x 2 with one or more priors. both victims his parents and middle 80s. please tell me he will get some time
The state absolutely can proceed with the charges whether the victims cooperate or not. I cannot tell you whether or not he will get time, but all the indications are there that he should.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">