• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emotional and mental abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lms0509

What is the name of your state?PA

PA does not have restraining orders only protection from abuse orders and some say I could possibly get one for emotional/mental abuse but others say I can't. Has anyone every gotten one for this. My husband has verbally threatened me and threatened to kill our dogs. I did file a record with my local abuse crisis center but haven't tried for the protection order because I don't want to waste my time if it is impossible to get because he hasn't yet physically assaulted me but I do feel he is capable of it and has threatened and is a functional alcholic as well.

rmet4nzkx

You are also going through a divorce so your attorney should be handling this for you, however you can get a restraining order for domestic violence which includes many forms of violence and includes threats of violence. Keep records and witnesses. Contact your local domestic violence hotline they have many resources available to you. The threats against your pets even have some validity. Have a safety plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">