• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex boyfriend maliciously filed false pfa against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjstewart1482

I didn't know how to add details to my post so here they are

My ex boyfriend with whom I share a lease with abandoned the property a month ago he still had tried to continue the relationship I did not want to he was told that I had a new boyfriend and maliciously filed a false pfa against me having me removed from the property until the court date I would also like to add that his a ligation of me hitting him are false I have hospital reports from when he bit me also he is on probation in another state I spoke with his probation officer and he told me that he us not allowed to live in another state so my question is do you think the judge will rule in my favor regarding giving me back access to my house in which I have always paid all the bills to? I honestly do not care if he get the protection order because I have not nor do I plan to be around or contact him any advice would be appreciated thanks

quincy

My ex boyfriend with whom I share a lease with abandoned the property a month ago he still had tried to continue the relationship I did not want to he was told that I had a new boyfriend and maliciously filed a false pfa against me having me removed from the property until the court date I would also like to add that his a ligation of me hitting him are false I have hospital reports from when he bit me also he is on probation in another state I spoke with his probation officer and he told me that he us not allowed to live in another state so my question is do you think the judge will rule in my favor regarding giving me back access to my house in which I have always paid all the bills to? I honestly do not care if he get the protection order because I have not nor do I plan to be around or contact him any advice would be appreciated thanks
Your removal from the shared property is a normal condition of a temporary protection order until the matter can be heard in court. Since your ex-boyfriend was the one who filed for protection (and is therefore viewed as the victim), you were the one who was ordered to leave.

It is impossible for anyone on this forum to say what the judge will do. I recommend you consult with an attorney prior to the hearing, though, so that you have a better chance of successfully defending against the false accusations leveled against you by your ex-boyfriend and to better prevent the temporary PFA from becoming permanent.

Good luck.

single317dad

Some judges are reasonable about this sort of thing, take all evidence into account, and make their decision based on logic, reason, and the law. With others, a temporary order will become a permanent order regardless of the evidence and testimony presented. There is a very strong kneejerk reaction to domestic violence right now, and judges are right on the bandwagon. What kind of judge you will get, none of us can say. Prepare your case and hope for the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">