• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Girlfriend Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teddy169

NYC, NY - I broke up with my gf about a month ago. We decided it was the best to move on. She's now threatening to go stop me from trying to join the Union (doorman) by getting affidavits from here buildings doormen. She's been contacting me telling me this. I wanted to avoid an order of protection but it seems I can't. Is it possible to keep here from continuing the harassment and threats towards my job?

Silverplum

NYC, NY - I broke up with my gf about a month ago. We decided it was the best to move on. She's now threatening to go stop me from trying to join the Union (doorman) by getting affidavits from here buildings doormen. She's been contacting me telling me this. I wanted to avoid an order of protection but it seems I can't. Is it possible to keep here from continuing the harassment and threats towards my job?
What would those affidavits state?

teddy169

That I'm not mentally capable of being a doorman over a fight we had. I stopped contacting her, she's been relentless. I tried speaking with her and said stay away from where I work. I just got a Domestic Incident Report and if it continues I'm moving to the order of protection.

She wants to get a doorman to sign something as a witness. I doubt he will just so he can stay out of it. I really think she's just talking trash but this is so close to my livelihood I can't take the chance.

xylene

Why are you waiting until your livilihood is trashed to get an order?

She's crazy. Whatever hesitation you have maybe is out of misguided loyalty?

teddy169

I can't do that until Monday, but the wheels were in motion. Can this turn into a form of slander especially since I've walked away and continued on with my life?

Thank you for the responses as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">