• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex girlfriend trying to get me fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonnback

Pennsylvania, my ex girlfriend had a pfa against me and it expired last month. I have not contacted her since it was ordered and don't plan on ever doing so again. She has been calling my place of employment after the pfa has been expired stating she still has a pfa against me and not to send me around where she lives. I work for the electric company and would not be on her property or make contact with her. My boss feels like she is doing this to get me fired and it doesn't look good to his bosses. Since the pfa is no longer in effect and i haven't done anything to give the court a reason to extend it, is there anything i can do to get her to stop this and just leave me alone like i have with her? Thank you

adjusterjack

How many times, exactly, has she called, at what intervals, and what was the date of the last call?

I've got a reason for those questions, so humor me and answer them.

Meantime, you are free to consider a restraining order against her for harassment since your job may be at stake.

moonnback

She has called twice now, once just after the pfa has expired and second time last Friday. My boss has the emails with transcript. Could i call the local police department and go from there?

adjusterjack

She has called twice now, once just after the pfa has expired and second time last Friday. My boss has the emails with transcript. Could i call the local police department and go from there?
Yes, start with the police.

Pennsylvania criminal code section 18-2709 addresses harassment.

http://law.onecle.com/pennsylvania/crimes-and-offenses/00.027.009.000.html

Make sure your explanation to the polices covers that in great detail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">