• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex husband violent VPO?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Several things I'm going to recommend here.

Document, document, document.

Firm believer that a picture is worth a thousand words. I would color code a calendar with pink and blue designations on whose days are whose. I would make sure that MOM gets it. Hand it to her. If she's not there, email it or MAIL it. Ignore the husband.

Did I say document?

You may have to file in court that mom isn't following the court order. If you pick up on Friday, a short text that say, "I'm picking kiddo up on Friday." Do NOT engage.

Address this situation in court with an alternative. Exchanges in public area without the husband.

Address in court that there are to be no weapons accessible when the child is there. Courts may be interested to hear that a felon has them.

BlueCollar26

Several things I'm going to recommend here.

Document, document, document.

Firm believer that a picture is worth a thousand words. I would color code a calendar with pink and blue designations on whose days are whose. I would make sure that MOM gets it. Hand it to her. If she's not there, email it or MAIL it. Ignore the husband.

Did I say document?

You may have to file in court that mom isn't following the court order. If you pick up on Friday, a short text that say, "I'm picking kiddo up on Friday." Do NOT engage.

Address this situation in court with an alternative. Exchanges in public area without the husband.

Address in court that there are to be no weapons accessible when the child is there. Courts may be interested to hear that a felon has them.
I have tons of documentation. I have tried to remedy the issues. I have went to DHS to send them CS so they would quit asking and also asked her countless time to come alone. I have exhausted my resources.

What is not being pointed out here is that he is in fact convicted and currently on probation for child endangerment and threat to perform a violent act. In which he did plead guilty. With that said he is not to be involved in the exchange of the child no matter what! I might add that if I do not let the department of human services DHS know of the altercations between her husband and I then I'm at fault now and if/when something happens. Both parents will be subject for allowing domestic violence to occur. Don't forget if the child was not involved and he is every time but if he was not then this would not be discussed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">