• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

axelhdz2k3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife has been accusing me of domestic violence since the start of 2008 and has had me arrested twice and now has an injuction against me once again.

During the prior injuction she looked for me at work on more than 4 occasions, continued to make threats that if I did not return with her she would file for domestic violence again. The injunction was dismissed because she never showed up in court. Now during this second injuction can I mention what she did during the prior injunction or would that get me in more trouble?

Thanks

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife has been accusing me of domestic violence since the start of 2008 and has had me arrested twice and now has an injuction against me once again.

During the prior injuction she looked for me at work on more than 4 occasions, continued to make threats that if I did not return with her she would file for domestic violence again. The injunction was dismissed because she never showed up in court. Now during this second injuction can I mention what she did during the prior injunction or would that get me in more trouble?

Thanks
Do you have PROOF, such as a reliable witness? If you do, yes, bring it up in court and subpoena your witness.

If you don't have any proof, it's better to not mention it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">