• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False DSS Reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elisabethj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

We knew these people that lived down the street who seemed to have money problems and 2 children. We would assist them and lend them money every so often when they asked us, they would say things like "We need diaper money" and so on and so forth. After a while, we saw that they were arrested because they were doing drugs. They got out of jail and proceeded to ask us for money, we told them No, we know you are using it for drugs. They then told us that they were going to call DSS on us if we did not give them any money. So they did. Now I have DSS calling me and trying to come to my house. They came and did an inital investigation and saw that everything was okay, I did not hear from them for about 2 months and assumed the case was done. Yesterday I got a call saying she wanted to come over again and talk to us and check on us and our child. This has become a very irritating, drawn out process. I called a family lawyer & he said we did not have to participate, if the only proof they had was a anonymous voice mail. The DSS worker said she had an open case and was coming over. Do I have to let them in my house, or even answer their phone calls? If I do not comply will they take me to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">