• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Police report!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimInNY

Kim, PLEASE stop. You CANNOT advocate that you are against DV. You are unable to help people until you help yourself.

You are the ONLY person defending the OP. Shouldn't that tell you something?

LOL, walking in and finding your SO in bed with another women is only abuse if you let it continue. Honestly, where do you get this nonsense. If I were to walk in on my DH in bed with another woman, it would be the last time he would see me walk in the door of the same home. It would be his loss, not mine.

IN cases of DV i dont think the word LET or CHOICES ever applies.

sorry

KimInNY

What is a ten day hearing?
The ten day hearing requires that you return to the court on the date given on the Order. If you do not return to court, the Order will not be in effect after that date. The hearing offers the chance for both parties, you and the abuser, to come before the judge and offer information (evidence) as to why a permanent 209A Order, which lasts for one year, should or should not be granted. Bring any hospital records, photographs or police reports you may have for the judge to review. You may also bring a support person with you. The abuser may be present at the ten day hearing and may oppose the 209A Order. If the abuser is not present and has been served with the Order, the judge can still grant the Order for one year period

What happens after the arraignment?
Interviews will be held with you before the trial, to gather information and evidence for prosecution. Every effort will be made to consider your needs and safety in going forward with the case. The safety of your children will also be priority.
Prosecution may provide the means to gain batterer's intervention services for the defendant/abuser as part of a sentence recommendation. Very few batterer's seek or stay with these services on their own, without court orders and probation supervision. An Assistant District will speak with you about different sentences that can be imposed if the defendant /abuser is found guilty by a judge or jury or pleads guilty. The sentence asked for may include drug or alcohol counseling, required attendance at a batterer's intervention program, supervised probation and /or jail time.

Nowhere does it say if you dont want to continue with the case there is nothing you can do to take it back.

Nowhere does it say they dont even need your testimony to procecute,

nowhere does it say one tiny false report will send alleged DV abuser to jail forever,.

Rushia

What is the legal definition of abuse?
Chapter 209A, the Massachusetts Abuse Prevention Act, defines abuse as:

> actual physical abuse, or

> an attempt to harm another, or

> placing another in fear of serious physical harm, or

> causing another to engage in sexual relations by force, threat of force or duress

Im sorry I interpert this as engage in sexual relations with other people in an attempt to harm another,. You can take it to mean whatever you want.
Ummm, that means RAPE not cheating.

fairisfair

IN cases of DV i dont think the word LET or CHOICES ever applies.

sorry
are you really that stupid??? I mean REALLY????

that means forcing someone to have sex, raping them, having sex with them against THEIR will.

Not having sex with someone else.

geeeeeez pull your head out.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
you should be paying attention, he is not going to jail. he will be slightly inconvienenced, and if he plays his cards right he wont even have to pay for a lawyer to defend him.

and cheating, by the way, when excessive and in her face without any concern for feelings, self esteem and well being is a form of abuse. sorry to break it to you.

( for example comming home to find a women in her bed time and time again is emotional abuse as it damages her mentally and emotionally. )
Legally NO it is not. It is NOT abuse. Good grief. So now it is HIS fault that the OP is a pathological liar who doesn't care about filing false police reports and breaking the law? Nice to know that you can blame the victim -- in case you don't realize, the victim is her boyfriend! She is NO victim and neither quite frankly are you but apparently you like playing that card when it suits you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Definition of Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is defined as a pattern of coercive and controlling behaviors and tactics used by one person over another to gain power and control. This may include verbal abuse, financial abuse, emotional, *****sexual******, and physical abuse. Domestic violence occurs in heterosexual, as well as same-sex partnerships, and crosses all ethnic, racial and socio-economic lines.
YO Kimmy. Sexual abuse is NOT cheating on someone else. It is rape, sodomy or other forced sexual encounters with the victim. But it is NOT committing adultery or cheating on someone. Get a reality check. Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">