• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False reporting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jesuslopez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado**************Well me and my ex broke up the morning of the incident. I went to work and got non stop txts from her. She was than at my house on the sidewalk when I got home. We talked and I gave her another chance I said last and final tho...we went to Safeway and bought milk and cheese kissed in the ailw s and went to the car...than left normal situation....than she flipped so I kicked her out of my car. I refused to let her use my phone or stay in my car...I left and got many more calls from her neighbors phone she was using. I finally answered and and she told me she was locked out and nobody was home and asked for a ride...I told her I didn't care and that I had no remorse not even one bit of it. I gave her one last chance with the little bit of remorse I had for her before I kicked her out of my car. I told her no u. ****ed it all up etc....not more than 10 min later I hear a knock and its her....I go to the door and start telling her to leave. She refused and my mother called the police on her but when the police arrived they arrested me....she walked up to the police upon there arrival and her statement was that I assaulted her in the Safeway parking lot and upon trying to get out of my car she got a bruise on her right eye and got bruises on her arms...but I stopped her from leaving apparently.... So I was arrested and charged with assault 3rd degree, false imprisonment, and domestic violence**************well unlike most domestic cases that did not happen at all. And I have no way of proving it because Safeway does not have cameras in parking lot....so its her word against mine. Now in Colorado law on a dv case it doesn't matter who someone has to go to jail and I've been told that they favor woman because it is a serious problem here.... What should I do because she obviously lied. Oh she also refused to write a written statement and refused pics be taken of her arms and face... She did have a bruise but that was not the cause of it...the state usually picks up the case if the victim doesn't want to press charges....so basically they picked up the case on a lie.... How can that be what can I do about this???? How can I prove my innocence on that incident...

Last edited:

justalayman

You went to jail because you were accused of assaulting her. You made no complaint of her assaulting you so it's pretty simple who would go to jail

so, does she have a black eye and a bruise on her leg?

sounds like it's time to get a lawyer.

Jesuslopez

reply to false reporting reply

Didnt give my side of story got arrested on the spot. And Yea she had a bruise on the right side of her right eye. not a black eye and bruises on her arms not huge they were maybe scratches or dime size if anything

justalayman

If the bruises are attributable to the car incident, unless you have a very good story, I can see some trouble in your future.

Simply put; you need a lawyer and you need to not talk to anybody about this. Anybody you talk to can be used as a witness against you.

Just Blue

Didnt give my side of story got arrested on the spot. And Yea she had a bruise on the right side of her right eye. not a black eye and bruises on her arms not huge they were maybe scratches or dime size if anything
I will LEGALLY advise you to stop assaulting your girlfriend(s).

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So..... fingertip size?

If you put your hands on someone (especially a woman) and leave a mark, with the exception of self defense, you are guilty of battery and/or domestic violence. I would suggest you keep your hands to yourself in the future at all costs. In the meantime, unless you can prove you were being physically assaulted BEFORE evicting her from the auto, I suggest you take the punishment like a man and learn from your mistakes. Accounting for the injuries and proving they were there before the altercation, if you legitimately DID NOT cause them, are your only hope of beating the charges. Domestic violence is one of those issues in American law where the accused is guilty and faces consequences until proven innocent. And even if the charges are beaten there may be a pound of flesh to pay for the accusations alone.
That is my unprofessional two cents worth of advice.

justalayman

singlepapa43;3387952]If you put your hands on someone (especially a woman) and leave a mark, with the exception of self defense, you are guilty of battery and/or domestic violence.
actually, not true. I have had many, um, vigorous interludes that resulted in a variety of "marks" and it was a definitely not domestic battery. The touching was very much desired.:eek:

battery is unwanted or offensive touching.

single317dad

actually, not true. I have had many, um, vigorous interludes that resulted in a variety of "marks" and it was a definitely not domestic battery. The touching was very much desired.:eek:

battery is unwanted or offensive touching.
In my state, for example, by statutory definition the assailant must be convicted of "[touching] another person in a rude, insolent, or angry manner". Some contact can be quite, umm, vigorous, yet not meet the definition at all.

Though this does not appear to apply to our OP.

Jesuslopez

Dumb

Lol those bruises were from fights she's been in lol not me smart one they arrested me because of what she said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">