• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngieAK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I tried to catch a 15 month old baby falling off a stairway banister while I was babysitting and the kid ended up with bruises and a hand print on his face, a bump on the back of the head and scratches on his back from landing on a toy and from me trying to catch him. Now they are accusing me of hitting him across the face. The cops believe the bump on the head and the scratches on the back came from the fall but they believe the hand print was from me hitting him but it was from me trying to catch him. Ive never been accused before and never have hit a child. How should I handle this?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I tried to catch a 15 month old baby falling off a stairway banister while I was babysitting and the kid ended up with bruises and a hand print on his face, a bump on the back of the head and scratches on his back from landing on a toy and from me trying to catch him. Now they are accusing me of hitting him across the face. The cops believe the bump on the head and the scratches on the back came from the fall but they believe the hand print was from me hitting him but it was from me trying to catch him. Ive never been accused before and never have hit a child. How should I handle this?
If you are charged with a crime, then you need to get yourself an attorney ASAP.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What was the child doing on a banister while you were supposed to be supervising him? Nor do I quite envision how one tries catching a toddler by grabbing the face.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio I tried to catch a 15 month old baby falling off a stairway banister while I was babysitting
REALLY? Now kids get into everything as we all know, BUT A 15 MONTH OLD BABY on a stairway BANISTER? So he climbed up on the banister? he was not just on the stairs? Really??...:mad:

and the kid ended up with bruises and a hand print on his face, a bump on the back of the head and scratches on his back from landing on a toy and from me trying to catch him.
Let's dissect this one here:

1-bruises where?

2-hand print on the face??? ummmm sorry not likely from you GRABBING HIM. If anything I can see he would have more SCRATCHES not a HANDPRINT.
A handprint implies blunt force HARD ENOUGH to break capillary vessels in the surrounding soft tissues where the hit occured.

Now they are accusing me of hitting him across the face.
And I am inclined to believe it too.

The cops believe the bump on the head and the scratches on the back came from the fall but they believe the hand print was from me hitting him but it was from me trying to catch him.
Um, NO. Your story makes NO SENSE. A bump on the head and some scratches are possible, what you have described, not plausible.

Ive never been accused before and never have hit a child. How should I handle this?
Get a very good lawyer.

My opinion....sounds like you HIT the poor kid across the face hard enough to leave a mark, then the force of the hit sent the poor child into something and then he fell down and scratched himself and hit his head on something on the way down. Reminds me of this other BS story I just heard where the 6 month old baby got a black eye and concussion from supposedly falling off a couch and hitting a carriage that was next to the couch??...riiiight....

If a perfect stranger thinks this, what do you think a PROFESSIONAL case worker who sees this all the time is going to think during their investigation?

You are lucky I am not that child's mother, you would not be here to post as you would have lost the use of your hands BUT that is just my OPINION. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">