• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Arrested for Domestic Battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IMJayJay55

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

I am a male, 51 and have been falsely arrested for Domestic Battery. I got married 2 years ago and my wife moved into my house with only her clothing and personal effects. Because of the arrest, a No Contact Order was placed on me. Now I can't get into my house (which is in my name only) to gather my personal property. My wife has a severe prescription drug addiction and I have asked her to leave within the last 3 weeks.

How do I regain posession of MY home and then place a No Contact Order on her? I am not being vendictive but I feel it is not right that she is now in control of my residence.

Also, the trial for this offense is set for July 27th. How do I convince her to drop the charges. She apparently fell against furniture while over-medicated and bruised her back which she showed as evidence of abuse. We sleep in seperate rooms and I was asleep all night and had no contact with her from 7 pm the previous night until 3 am at which time she called the police and accused me of abuse resulting in my arrest. There were no witnesses as we live alone. Please help anyone with expert advice. THANK YOU!What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

I am a male, 51 and have been falsely arrested for Domestic Battery. I got married 2 years ago and my wife moved into my house with only her clothing and personal effects. Because of the arrest, a No Contact Order was placed on me. Now I can't get into my house (which is in my name only) to gather my personal property. My wife has a severe prescription drug addiction and I have asked her to leave within the last 3 weeks.

How do I regain posession of MY home and then place a No Contact Order on her? I am not being vendictive but I feel it is not right that she is now in control of my residence.

Also, the trial for this offense is set for July 27th. How do I convince her to drop the charges. She apparently fell against furniture while over-medicated and bruised her back which she showed as evidence of abuse. We sleep in seperate rooms and I was asleep all night and had no contact with her from 7 pm the previous night until 3 am at which time she called the police and accused me of abuse resulting in my arrest. There were no witnesses as we live alone. Please help anyone with expert advice. THANK YOU!What is the name of your state?
In the first place you cannot attempt to convince her to drop the charges, because you can't go anywhere near her, nor can you have anyone else do anything on your behalf.

What you need are attorneys. You need a good one for the criminal case, and you need a good one for a divorce. That is the only way that you are going to get her out of your house.

niceman

Wife falsely arrest me for DV

My wife has a problem she is unproductive and when I tell her I'm leaving her she would hurt herself. The first time I serious and genuinely told her that I'm leaving because she unproductive to the marriage and kids, she try to committ suicide. She almost success if it was for me and my kids.

One time she dare me to hit her and I told her to hit herself cause she's a psycho and likes to kill herself, I'm not gonna hit you. After a while of this matter she beat the **** out of herself and called the cops on me and they did not, because they believe me.

Now it is 9 months after this incident and between now and 9 or ten months she is still unproductive and have try to committ suicide a few times, the only two that I can verify it because while to holding her from consuming a load of prescription drug I called my boss that my wife is highly depress and I'm stopping her from killing herself. On july 4 2007, for the same reason, I told her I was leaving her, she jump and force herself on the futon and punch her face once and I didn't stop, and went to brush my teeth and when I came out of the bath room she was in the car calling the cops, fro some reason they believe her and took me in for 273.5 P.C. She got custody of the kids and I have to go to a court hearing. Her story...I sense some contradictory, all I want to know how would her mental condition that's been documented once play with child custody and 273.5 pc.

:confused: I live in california [email protected]

Just Blue

My wife has a problem she is unproductive and when I tell her I'm leaving her she would hurt herself. The first time I serious and genuinely told her that I'm leaving because she unproductive to the marriage and kids, she try to committ suicide. She almost success if it was for me and my kids.

One time she dare me to hit her and I told her to hit herself cause she's a psycho and likes to kill herself, I'm not gonna hit you. After a while of this matter she beat the **** out of herself and called the cops on me and they did not, because they believe me.

Now it is 9 months after this incident and between now and 9 or ten months she is still unproductive and have try to committ suicide a few times, the only two that I can verify it because while to holding her from consuming a load of prescription drug I called my boss that my wife is highly depress and I'm stopping her from killing herself. On july 4 2007, for the same reason, I told her I was leaving her, she jump and force herself on the futon and punch her face once and I didn't stop, and went to brush my teeth and when I came out of the bath room she was in the car calling the cops, fro some reason they believe her and took me in for 273.5 P.C. She got custody of the kids and I have to go to a court hearing. Her story...I sense some contradictory, all I want to know how would her mental condition that's been documented once play with child custody and 273.5 pc.

:confused: I live in california [email protected]
Start your own thread.

amandacw

Hmmm...

Gee..I believe her..you can tell by the way youre talking youre controling..which in itself is abusive behavior..you keep repeating MY home. Thank god most judges are already trained enough about Domestic Violence to know that a HIGH majority of abusers try to convince their former partner to drop charges and then turn around and file charges on them. If this is your plan..not going to work...its been seen too many times.

Gee..I believe her..you can tell by the way youre talking youre controling..which in itself is abusive behavior..you keep repeating MY home. Thank god most judges are already trained enough about Domestic Violence to know that a HIGH majority of abusers try to convince their former partner to drop charges and then turn around and file charges on them. If this is your plan..not going to work...its been seen too many times.
You've got to be kidding.. Wow, no need for judges and courts and trials anymore. amandacw has the power to dermine guilt based on statistics.. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!! Next step: eliminate the statistics, just convict on the basis of being a male who tries to prove himself innocent. I would start the personal attacks but, 1) they're not permitted on this board 2) you are too easy a target (no challange or sense of accomplishment).

btw: Statistically speaking, what the He!! is a "HIGH majority"?? Is the majority drunk, downing prescription drugs, or just smoking weed ?????????

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">