• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsification and Filing of Domestic Violence police report...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweets1girl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

Last week, I discovered that my husband filed a false domestic violence report on me.
As soon as I verified this with the Columbus Police Department, they advised me that I needed to answer my warrant as soon as possible. I tried to explain to the officer that I had not laid a hand on my husband, and the sad part is his bestfriend said that he witnessed me choking my husband. So earlier this week I went down to the Public Defenders office and I attempted to get my warrant lifted, but my request was denied. For the last couple of days I have been very upset, basically because I have to turn myself in a face charges for something that I did not do. Which means I'm missing wages from my job. Then I have to turn around and hire an attorney with my own money, which I really cannot afford because my paycheck is already going to be short. Hopefully, I will not lose my job--- I work doing homecare and I cannot keep a job with a violent charge like that on my record. Can someone please help me? I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible, because I'm going absolutely crazy. The only thing I can think of is that they've went as far as filing this charge, and people keep telling me that nothing will happen to my husband and his friend. At the same time I am also opening a thread regarding my divorce from my husband.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

There is nothing that you can do except hire an attorney and provide him or her with the proof that the charges against you are false, then take your case to court. You can't talk anyone into dropping those charges just because you say they're false and that said charges are inconveniencing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">