• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsifying a police report.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JJThompson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My sister filed a report about 7 months ago in Ohio against an ex boyfriend for assault. Shes recently confided in me that he didnt cause the injuries she stated and he infact was never at her house on the night in question. She believes that in the confusion of the police and our mother asking her so many questions and her mental state at the time that she gave them the incorrect information as to his last name and car descrpition anyway. They have recently found a man who they believe commited the crime and shes convinced that not only did this man or her ex do nothing that shes never met him before. They have charged her with falsifying a police report my question is what is the punishment she will face? Is there any way that she an explain to them that because of the confusion she mistaken what had happened and because of the medications they gave her in the E.R. that night she is unable to remember details that are pertinate to thier investigation? She has a clean record, not so much as a speeding ticket and shes a nursing assistant at a home for the elderly. Will she see jail time or just a slap on the wrist? Thank you for taking the time to answer, Im very concerned for her and she is very scared too, we are both aware that what she did was wrong and shes willing to pay for that but we would like to know what she should be prepairing herself for.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My sister filed a report about 7 months ago in Ohio against an ex boyfriend for assault. Shes recently confided in me that he didnt cause the injuries she stated and he infact was never at her house on the night in question. She believes that in the confusion of the police and our mother asking her so many questions and her mental state at the time that she gave them the incorrect information as to his last name and car descrpition anyway. They have recently found a man who they believe commited the crime and shes convinced that not only did this man or her ex do nothing that shes never met him before. They have charged her with falsifying a police report my question is what is the punishment she will face? Is there any way that she an explain to them that because of the confusion she mistaken what had happened and because of the medications they gave her in the E.R. that night she is unable to remember details that are pertinate to thier investigation? She has a clean record, not so much as a speeding ticket and shes a nursing assistant at a home for the elderly. Will she see jail time or just a slap on the wrist? Thank you for taking the time to answer, Im very concerned for her and she is very scared too, we are both aware that what she did was wrong and shes willing to pay for that but we would like to know what she should be prepairing herself for.
Your sister NEEDS an attorney, like yesterday. She should not try to defend herself without one.
Other than that, no one on an internet forum can guess what a Judge is likely to do.

Hot Topic

Your sister maliciously implicated her boyfriend in a crime that affects millions of women and often men. The end result is often that a charge of domestic violence is used to punish innocents for whatever reason is convenient at the time for the person making the charge.

As the current saying goes, "I wouldn't believe her if her tongue came notarized." Interesting that you want her to lie about her lie.

No one can tell you for sure what a judge will do, but considering the aspects of the situation, it would be wildly inappropriate if she didn't do some jail time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">