• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsifying a police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missjlynnv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan i was recently in a arrugment with my fiance if i go to court and say that he didnt do it what will happen to me?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan i was recently in a arrugment with my fiance if i go to court and say that he didnt do it what will happen to me?
If you recant by claiming you lied to the police initially, or if you take the stand and lie in court, you can be charged with a criminal offense and taken to jail.

Do you not see the irony here? You (presumably) get thumped, and HE wants you to lie so that he can stay out of jail ... he doesn't care about you enough to go to jail for you, but instead wants you to risk jail for him ... so, you get beat up and then risk jail for the privilege. And you still want to protect this excrement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">