• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father kicked me out, destroyed my stuff.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RavenTheFallen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

I am 18 years old, just recently, and my father tried starting a fight with me yesterday. I didn't want to fight him, so I left, or tried to. He then came after me with a shovel and tried to rip me out of my vehicle so I sped away.

He followed me to my grandmothers house where my mother was at and kept trying to fight me, but I still wouldn't. He left.

I made it to the house again about 2 hours later he wasn't there, what I saw horrified me. He had destroyed everything of mine. over 1000$ worth of items that he didn't even pay for, my computers, my posters, my tv, everything, the only things I could salvage were my clothes.

I was wondering what I could do about this, because not only does him kicking me out affect me, but he left me with nothing in the process.

justalayman

call the police and file a report and ask dad for the money to replace your possessions and if he won't pay up, sue him. Then if/when you get a judgment, then you can figure out how to collect on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">