• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father threatened to break daughters arm.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adviceseeker81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My 9 year old daughter and family was with her father at the park for his girlfriends daughters preschool graduation, she got pushed off of some bricks and broke her collarbone. Ex husband told her to get up and brush it off she was fine. She told me when they got home, because she was complaining about it hurting that he said he would break her arm so she could see how it felt. (She told me not no tell anyone because she didn't know what her father would do if he found out she told me, so to me that is telling me she is scared of him). She also said there was no witnesses around to hear what he said. I believe her. I showed up the next day to find out that she fell and my other 2 daughters are telling me she broke her arm. I asked if their Father took her to the doctor they said no, he's been to busy with his girlfriend. They say he did give her a Tylenol. I immediately took her to the doctor and her collarbone is broken so bad it's about an inch away from the other part of bone.
I found out a couple of weeks ago he hit my oldest daughter so bad it left bruises, but I found out after the fact and when I looked there were no more bruises. I am also hearing he is doing drugs, and was pulled over, was searched and then arrested for possession. But was later dropped because it was an illegal search. I do not have proof of any of this. And that is why I am writing in. I am so scared for my children, and don't know if I can keep my kids away from their Father until they do an investigation. (We have joint custody, but they live with him).
I would like to know if I should call CPS on him (since I don't have proof) or what I should do.
I have had to call CPS once before because my ex husbands girlfriend backed my 13 year old into a corner, then kicked her out of her house, and let her walk down the road till her cousin finally picked her up, She got away with it, because a friend was there and lied to the police and CPS so she wouldn't lose her kids or go to jail. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble, I just want my children to be safe.
Please help. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">