• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony arrest for spouse -- will I lose my child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thisisit2016

What is the name of your state Texas

I am a mother of a 10 year old boy. My new husband and I have been fighting a lot and this has gotten back to my ex. My husband has trouble keeping things to himself when he is upset.

We also had an issue where a fight between us ended up with me tripping and falling and breaking a wrist. the doctor called the police and my husband has been arrested for a felony for aggravated assault.

My ex husband called an emergency hearing to get full custody of my son. I went to court last week and the judge said he wanted me to have a psych analysis to see if I had battered wife syndrome and would let me us know today (Monday) if he wanted supervised visit only for me until my test was done and a counselor met with my son.

I am wondering what my chances are....and IF it's monitored visits -- what would that look like?? Would it be just reduced visits or literally a court appointed person watching my every move in my home?

What should I expect?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There's no need for multiple threads...please use your other thread at https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/will-i-get-visitation-because-my-spousess-arrest-625169.html because that seems like a more appropriate place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">