• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filed false police report/ battery charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ocgurl24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
My boyfriend and i were arguing one night over 2 months ago, we were both drinking i was intoxicated. I was upset and not thinking clearly and somehow drove to a market called the police and filed a report. I did not know it was going to show up as a battary charge against my boyfriend. I lied and said he drug me out of the house by my foot. There was a mark on my knee from me falling prior to this incident because i was so wasted but i made it seem like it came from him dragging me ouf of the house. He however did not we were just arguing and i was upset and revengful and not thinking clearly. What do i do the prosecutor called to talk to me about the incident. Do i admit i was really intoxiated even though i drove? Do i admit that i made some of the story up?

CdwJava

Before you confess to the crime of making a false police report and risk going to jail, perhaps you had best consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">