• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Offense of Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eva2007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My boyfriend and I got into an arguement which unfortunately escalated into violence on both of us. However, it first happened four nights before the police got involved and he left several bruises on me and I left scratch marks on him. The second time, I instigated the fight hit him, scratched him, and he pushed me down, grabbed my neck and intimidated me with his size and strength. Needless to say, he left with the battery to our only house phone, and took my cell phone because I told him I was calling the police. He got scared, went to his aunts and called the cops himself. Meanwhile, I called them too. Long story short, he went to jail. I signed the victim report and pictures were taken of both our injuries. He was bailed out later in the morning and has a court date. I didn't press charges and do not want him to serve time for this. He needs to keep his job for our daughter's sake. Does he need a lawyer and how should I get involved to help his case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">