• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving 20 month old Cinnamon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caleyjohnson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SOUTH DAKOTA

I put a video of my sister, my 20 month old daughter, & I trying cinnamon on facebook & now CPS is doing an investigation on me & the police in another county (biological father lives in) won't let me contact my daughter!!
I have sole physical custody of her & he has joint.
The sheriff in the county that I live in contacted me tonight & asked me to come in tomorrow for my explanation of the video. Can he record me without my knowledge & use it against me in court? Will I be arrested tomorrow? Do I have to say anything? What charges am I looking at? I only gave my daughter 1/4 of a baby spoon of cinnamon & I wiped it off her tongue with a towel after she tried spitting it out. My sister & I did giggle at her in the video because she made a funny face! I was NOT trying to harm my daughter! I have read numerous articles that cinnamon is good for you.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SOUTH DAKOTA

I put a video of my sister, my 20 month old daughter, & I trying cinnamon on facebook & now CPS is doing an investigation on me & the police in another county (biological father lives in) won't let me contact my daughter!!
I have sole physical custody of her & he has joint.
The sheriff in the county that I live in contacted me tonight & asked me to come in tomorrow for my explanation of the video. Can he record me without my knowledge & use it against me in court? Will I be arrested tomorrow? Do I have to say anything? What charges am I looking at? I only gave my daughter 1/4 of a baby spoon of cinnamon & I wiped it off her tongue with a towel after she tried spitting it out. My sister & I did giggle at her in the video because she made a funny face! I was NOT trying to harm my daughter! I have read numerous articles that cinnamon is good for you.

Do you have a history with CPS/child services?

caleyjohnson

I do not have any history with CPS...People have been turned in for physically abusing their children with pictures to prove it & nothing happens to them. Yet I let my daughter try cinnamon & I can't see her & no one will give me any answers as to whats going on & now I have to go to the sheriff to be questioned.

st-kitts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The sheriff in the county that I live in contacted me tonight & asked me to come in tomorrow for my explanation of the video. Can he record me without my knowledge & use it against me in court? Will I be arrested tomorrow? Do I have to say anything? I have read numerous articles that cinnamon is good for you.
I would advise you speak with a criminal defense attorney PRIOR to meeting with the sheriff. If that means rescheduling the appointment, so be it. Don't speak to the police without first getting legal counsel.

I have read numerous articles that cinnamon is good for you.
No. that isn't why you did it and you know it.

caleyjohnson

If I thought a small amount of cinnamon would harm my child I WOULDN'T have given any to her!!!! I love my children with all that I am. I would die for my children!

I'mTheFather

Im 22 years old.
In that case, I am truly shocked at your stupidity.

Make no mistake, feeding plain cinnamon to a baby is not an innocent act, nor is it "healthy". I know you never read anything about the health benefits of feeding a spoonful of cinnamon to a baby.

What's next? Feeding her the raw egg? That's pretty popular on FB too, and I'm sure you've read about the health benefits of eggs. :rolleyes:

st-kitts

If I thought a small amount of cinnamon would harm my child I WOULDN'T have given any to her!!!! I love my children with all that I am. I would die for my children!
Cinnamon challenge videoe have been all over youtube and other media sites because it makes people gag and some people apparently think watching people gag is funny.

Here, from the very scientific and highly respected cinnamon challenge site:

"What is the Cinnamon Challenge?
They say the challenge is simple. Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and try to swallow it within 60 seconds without any water. People think it’s so easy to do, yet it’s practically impossible.

DO NOT ATTEMPT THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE WITHOUT TALKING WITH A DOCTOR OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE GOING TO TELL YOU NOT TO DO IT. THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. YOU NEVER WANT TO PURPOSELY OR MISTAKINGLY INHALE ANY SUBSTANCES SUCH AS CINNAMON. IT’S GOING TO BURN, YOU ARE GOING TO COUGH, AND REGRET YOU TRIED…SO WATCH MOVIES OF PEOPLE ALREADY FEELING THE PAIN. "

So, you posted a video of your baby doing the cinnamon challenge, essentially risking her choking and causing her to experience burning and gagging sensations. And you and your sister giggled.

I'mTheFather

So, you posted a video of your baby doing the cinnamon challenge, essentially risking her choking and causing her to experience burning and gagging sensations. And you and your sister giggled.
Aw, c'mon kitts, that's harsh.... She made a funny face when it burned her!

Proserpina

Cinnamon challenge videoe have been all over youtube and other media sites because it makes people gag and some people apparently think watching people gag is funny.

Here, from the very scientific and highly respected cinnamon challenge site:

"What is the Cinnamon Challenge?
They say the challenge is simple. Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and try to swallow it within 60 seconds without any water. People think it’s so easy to do, yet it’s practically impossible.

DO NOT ATTEMPT THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE WITHOUT TALKING WITH A DOCTOR OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE GOING TO TELL YOU NOT TO DO IT. THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. YOU NEVER WANT TO PURPOSELY OR MISTAKINGLY INHALE ANY SUBSTANCES SUCH AS CINNAMON. IT’S GOING TO BURN, YOU ARE GOING TO COUGH, AND REGRET YOU TRIED…SO WATCH MOVIES OF PEOPLE ALREADY FEELING THE PAIN. "

That's pretty much the bottom line.

One minute of stupidity seems to have resulted in quite the problem for this Mom.

Let others be warned.

Don't be an idiot.

When you're an idiot, you do stupid things to your kids.

When you do stupid things to your kids, your ex gets mighty pissed.

When your ex gets mighty pissed, CPS gets involved.

And when CPS gets involved?

Well..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks for the info on the cinnamon challenge. Never knew that. Of course I also don't feed my children plain spices.

OP, you have issues. You could be charged with child endangerment. You could lose custody. You could find yourself going to jail.

You need an attorney AND you need to grow up. You also need to realize that the police can tape you without your permission. They can lie to you legally. You need to start doing the best thing for your children and not whatever you wish to become a Youtube star.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm trying to figure out how many childREN this 22yo has... :eek:

As for cinnamon... I have dipped a finger in raw spices to tase/gauge their potency. But feed a 1/4 tsp to an infant? Uuuuhhh.... 1/4 tsp is not THAT small an amount for such a small child.

If nothing else, OP needs parenting classes. BIG time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">