• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

giving up my child to the state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcormack11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I have a son an he is extreemly violent towards the rest of the family including my wife and other girls. He is doing drugs and suffers of Opposit defient disorder. He refuses treatment for both.
I was arrested last week for attacking me and he will be release next week. He is 16 and I fear for the rest of my family and I need to get him out of my house. Any clues????

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Oklahoma’s process for civil commitment of mentally ill persons requiring treatment is set forth in the Mental Health Law located in 43A O.S. §1-101 et seq. There are typically three stages to the civil commitment process. The first stage is protective custody.1 The second stage is emergency detention.2 The final stage is the involuntary commitment hearing.3 This article will outline each of those stages as they relate to the involuntary commitment of adults.
Oklahoma Bar Association

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I wasn't advertising the lawyer - I was highlighting the information s/he provided about kinds in need of supervision. That seemed pretty clear to me. But if you thing it's inappropriate? Feel free to report it to Mary. She'll do what she feels is right.

Grape hat.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I have a son an he is extreemly violent towards the rest of the family including my wife and other girls. He is doing drugs and suffers of Opposit defient disorder. He refuses treatment for both.
I was arrested last week for attacking me and he will be release next week. He is 16 and I fear for the rest of my family and I need to get him out of my house. Any clues????
I agree with the above posters, but did want to note that you will STILL be required to support your minor child. The state will issue a child support order to you and your wife.

Good Luck and I hope the choice you make for you child helps him deal with his aggression.:)

Hot Topic

Providing information, such as the child requiring a lawyer to protect his/her interests is fine. Providing information on how to reach a specific law firm regarding the case comes off as an advertisement for that firm.

Pout if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">