Closed Thread
    pcormack11 is offline Junior Member

giving up my child to the state

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
    I have a son an he is extreemly violent towards the rest of the family including my wife and other girls. He is doing drugs and suffers of Opposit defient disorder. He refuses treatment for both.
    I was arrested last week for attacking me and he will be release next week. He is 16 and I fear for the rest of my family and I need to get him out of my house. Any clues????
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Oklahoma’s process for civil commitment of mentally ill persons requiring treatment is set forth in the Mental Health Law located in 43A O.S. §1-101 et seq. There are typically three stages to the civil commitment process. The first stage is protective custody.1 The second stage is emergency detention.2 The final stage is the involuntary commitment hearing.3 This article will outline each of those stages as they relate to the involuntary commitment of adults.
    [url=http://www.okbar.org/obj/articles_05/021205.htm]Oklahoma Bar Association[/url]
    Hot Topic is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that we're supposed to advertise specific lawyers on the forum, stealth2.
    stealth2 is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't advertising the lawyer - I was highlighting the information s/he provided about kinds in need of supervision. That seemed pretty clear to me. But if you thing it's inappropriate? Feel free to report it to Mary. She'll do what she feels is right.

Grape hat.
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pcormack11 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
    I have a son an he is extreemly violent towards the rest of the family including my wife and other girls. He is doing drugs and suffers of Opposit defient disorder. He refuses treatment for both.
    I was arrested last week for attacking me and he will be release next week. He is 16 and I fear for the rest of my family and I need to get him out of my house. Any clues????
    I agree with the above posters, but did want to note that you will STILL be required to support your minor child. The state will issue a child support order to you and your wife.

Good Luck and I hope the choice you make for you child helps him deal with his aggression.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Where is mom? Are you still married to the legal mother of this child?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    Hot Topic is offline Senior Member
    Providing information, such as the child requiring a lawyer to protect his/her interests is fine. Providing information on how to reach a specific law firm regarding the case comes off as an advertisement for that firm.

Pout if you wish.