• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds to file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicolete

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. He lives in NY.

After 66 out 72 months of having numerous restraining orders, the judge ruled that the parental rights were terminated. Approximately 8 months ago (2 years after final order), my ex made electronic contact with my daughter. 1 1/2 months ago, an electronic message was sent to me. Yesterday, I received yet another electronic message. The messages are non-threatening, however given the long history of severe violence and drug abuse, the messages are causing me alarm and anxiety about the intent behind the messages. Do I have grounds to file a protective order. I live in Pennsylvania and he lives in New York. Thank you for your help.

Hot Topic

It's impossible to tell you without knowing what the contents of the messages were. Are you saying that they were of the, "You better let me (fill in the blank) or you'll be sorry," nature?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">