• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for a restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taurus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What must be determined in order for the judge to issue a permanent restraining order?

In my case the plaintiff stated that I did not threaten them, or attempt to harm them. This was stated on their order.

In fact, they asked me to have breakfast with them; which I declined. The same day the order was filed.

Yet they are requesting an order be placed.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What must be determined in order for the judge to issue a permanent restraining order?

In my case the plaintiff stated that I did not threaten them, or attempt to harm them. This was stated on their order.

In fact, they asked me to have breakfast with them; which I declined. The same day the order was filed.

Yet they are requesting an order be placed.

Unless the plaintiff is genuinely terrified of your cooking, I just can't see a judge ordering a permanent RO...

Seriously - this one baffled me!

Unless of course, you've been constantly harassing or stalking the plaintiff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">