• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun laws for Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hawkwolf4

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I want to purchase a gun in Alabama but it is illegal to sell a gun to a person convicted of a crime of violence. I want to know whether my two domestic violence incidences count as a crime of violence. They were judged misdemenors. I was not sent off to jail. No weapon was used.

I am not sure I have this on the right forum.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Hawkwolf4 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I want to purchase a gun in Alabama but it is illegal to sell a gun to a person convicted of a crime of violence. I want to know whether my two domestic violence incidences count as a crime of violence. They were judged misdemenors. I was not sent off to jail. No weapon was used.

I am not sure I have this on the right forum.

Please advise.

Thanks!

=====================================

My response:

"Thanks" for what? Believe me, with your background, and being prone to violence, you're the LAST person who needs a gun in their life. With a gun, and your propensity for violence, you're soon to graduate to a more elevated risk and level of violence.

So, no, you're a convict nonetheless, and can't own a gun.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
domestic violence incidences ...... crime of violence

Do you see anything similar in those two phrases? Maybe a word that starts with V? Why do you think they call it domestic VIOLENCE instead of "domestic difference of opinion"? Because VIOLENCE is involved. You were found guilty. A misdemeanor is still a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">