• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment & threats by a family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlw1000

Delaware-My sister stole $20,000 from me & my spouse. When we put a stop to her thievery she cut us off from her children (we took better care of them than she did). We accepted this, because we just could not afford her thievery anymore. When I almost died, I returned home from the hospital & received harassing calls from her. Then before my son was born she called & threatened his life! I have filed complaints with the police, and have gone to court. The family court tells me she has the "right to contact me". I find this ludicrous. She has made another threat against my 6 month old son. I am at a loss of what to do, and truly believe she will carry out her threats. Especially since she would have a substantial monetary gain should I die without any heirs. Is there a way to bypass the family court & take this to criminal court? Maybe they will take things more seriously? What other options do I have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">