• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassing emails from ex-husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickapoo

What is the name of your state? FL

I am receiving harrassing emails from my ex-husband. They make me feel intimidated, causing me so much distress that I cannot function at my job, and make me fear for my safety.

I know you would need to see these emails in order to give an accurate opinion so if you respond I will be happy to post them on my server and send you the link. I would like to see if I can take action against him, and if so, would this be in terms of a harrassment restraining order or....

Just an FYI but the other thing is we have a 22 month old daughter. He gets visitation every other weekend. His parents pick her up, but I have to go and get her on Sunday evening from his house.

Thank you very much.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? FL

I am receiving harrassing emails from my ex-husband. They make me feel intimidated, causing me so much distress that I cannot function at my job, and make me fear for my safety.

I know you would need to see these emails in order to give an accurate opinion so if you respond I will be happy to post them on my server and send you the link. I would like to see if I can take action against him, and if so, would this be in terms of a harrassment restraining order or....

Just an FYI but the other thing is we have a 22 month old daughter. He gets visitation every other weekend. His parents pick her up, but I have to go and get her on Sunday evening from his house.

Thank you very much.
What is the content of the e-mails?

Is he making any threats for physical harm in them?

How long has he been sending the e-mails?

How many times a day does he send them?

Do you have any court actions pending regarding CS, custody or visitation?

Has anything happened recently that would cause the e-mails to be sent?

aliceyalice

save the emails. print them out. attach them to a motion for a restraining order. if he's threatening you in a way that can be documented so easily, he's clearly not stable and might back that crap up with physical violence. don't think that a restraining order will prevent him from visitation, though. not in florida...lol

Just Blue

save the emails. print them out. attach them to a motion for a restraining order. if he's threatening you in a way that can be documented so easily, he's clearly not stable and might back that crap up with physical violence. don't think that a restraining order will prevent him from visitation, though. not in florida...lol
That is not sufficient evidence. OP would have to PROVE LEGALLY that the e-mail were actually sent by the person.

aliceyalice

they can trace an email to the physical location it was sent from.

that's how they catch child molesters.

why can't they trace these emails, then, laziness?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
they can trace an email to the physical location it was sent from.

that's how they catch child molesters.

why can't they trace these emails, then, laziness?
Not THEIR job. It is her job to prove it. Please learn about the process before you start posting stuff. Also without the content of the emails we can't state that he is threatening her. She would also have to prove chain of custody of the emails. OP post the emails you find threatening here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">