+ Reply to Thread
    mickapoo is offline Member

Harrassing emails from ex-husband

What is the name of your state? FL

I am receiving harrassing emails from my ex-husband. They make me feel intimidated, causing me so much distress that I cannot function at my job, and make me fear for my safety.

I know you would need to see these emails in order to give an accurate opinion so if you respond I will be happy to post them on my server and send you the link. I would like to see if I can take action against him, and if so, would this be in terms of a harrassment restraining order or....

Just an FYI but the other thing is we have a 22 month old daughter. He gets visitation every other weekend. His parents pick her up, but I have to go and get her on Sunday evening from his house.

Thank you very much.
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickapoo View Post
    What is the name of your state? FL

I am receiving harrassing emails from my ex-husband. They make me feel intimidated, causing me so much distress that I cannot function at my job, and make me fear for my safety.

I know you would need to see these emails in order to give an accurate opinion so if you respond I will be happy to post them on my server and send you the link. I would like to see if I can take action against him, and if so, would this be in terms of a harrassment restraining order or....

Just an FYI but the other thing is we have a 22 month old daughter. He gets visitation every other weekend. His parents pick her up, but I have to go and get her on Sunday evening from his house.

Thank you very much.
    What is the content of the e-mails?

Is he making any threats for physical harm in them?

How long has he been sending the e-mails?

How many times a day does he send them?

Do you have any court actions pending regarding CS, custody or visitation?

Has anything happened recently that would cause the e-mails to be sent?
    VeronicaLodge is offline Senior Member
    dont open or read the emails. end of problem
    aliceyalice is offline Junior Member
    save the emails. print them out. attach them to a motion for a restraining order. if he's threatening you in a way that can be documented so easily, he's clearly not stable and might back that crap up with physical violence. don't think that a restraining order will prevent him from visitation, though. not in florida...lol
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceyalice View Post
    save the emails. print them out. attach them to a motion for a restraining order. if he's threatening you in a way that can be documented so easily, he's clearly not stable and might back that crap up with physical violence. don't think that a restraining order will prevent him from visitation, though. not in florida...lol
    That is not sufficient evidence. OP would have to PROVE LEGALLY that the e-mail were actually sent by the person.
    aliceyalice is offline Junior Member
    they can trace an email to the physical location it was sent from.

that's how they catch child molesters.

why can't they trace these emails, then, laziness?
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceyalice View Post
    they can trace an email to the physical location it was sent from.

that's how they catch child molesters.

why can't they trace these emails, then, laziness?
    Not THEIR job. It is her job to prove it. Please learn about the process before you start posting stuff. Also without the content of the emails we can't state that he is threatening her. She would also have to prove chain of custody of the emails. OP post the emails you find threatening here.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    KIMMACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaLodge View Post
    dont open or read the emails. end of problem

Untill he shows up to her (home, job, anywhere) and carries out the thret she ignored.
    ErinGoBragh is offline Senior Member
    *points to the originating dates of OPs post*

Twice necroposted... this poster's question is from April 1!