• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

held contempt for breaking a Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkikokux86

my boyfriend is being held for comtempt of court his ex gf keeping bringin him in he dont do anything he stay home and sleep and works on cars all of the time im with him this time hes got 29 day in jail with no bond or fine he a good guy she keeps doing this is his sec time being in jail first time for comtempt how do we stop this from happing again he have been staying away from her i need help or he will be up in jail for a yr is there anyway how to get a free lawer ? this is my first post so i hope i can at lest get a bit of help for him he followed the first court hearing she wont stop harring him she have her step daddy follow him around is there any way to but on both so this can stop bc i almost lost my truck =\

Last edited:

CdwJava

First, there is no need to post your boyfriend's name.

Second, the ex girlfriend is not putting him in jail the court is. Obviously a judge believes he is violating the order of the court so that is that. Perhaps he should consider abiding by the court's orders - that way he can stay out of jail.

xkikokux86

he have been following the law he have been staying away she lies on the report she says a blue truck comes by i got a blue truck with white on it she lies alot the court wont see that at all this time he really staying away from her

step daddy ran in to my truck bc of this harsmant now he in jail for noting this hole time he sleeps
but i went over my aunts and when he came back my truck look like some one ran in to it

i ask him what happen he said that her step daddy ran in to it he was no wear near the area..

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
he have been following the law he have been staying away she lies on the report she says a blue truck comes by i got a blue truck with white on it she lies alot the court wont see that at all this time he really staying away from her

step daddy ran in to my truck bc of this harsmant now he in jail for noting this hole time he sleeps
but i went over my aunts and when he came back my truck look like some one ran in to it

i ask him what happen he said that her step daddy ran in to it he was no wear near the area..
Could you please edit this so it makes some sort of sense? Thank you/

zep

One of two things is happening here either,
A) You are not telling us everything or
B) Your boyfriend is lying to you and he IS seeing his ex.
I'm guessing the latter. Please, no judge would lock him up without reasonable proof. The judges realize that ex's are prone to lie in order to seek revenge and I have to tell you, they would not be putting him in jail unless they were sure he was seeing her.

I suggest you leave the guy, take a refresher class in the English language and stay out of relationships until you have your career/life together and can choose to be with someone who deserves you.

Your boyfriend is getting more than he deserves with you. Here you are on this board trying to help him and he's lying to you. Please, leave him and put this energy into yourself.

BTW I'm not being rude telling you to take an English class. Your spelling and writing are awful, I'm just being honest. Mine can be as well sometimes so please don't think I'm picking on you. People will give you more respect and take you more seriously if you can learn to communicate in a more professional manner.

Good luck to you.

CdwJava

When/if he has to go to court on this, you can act as a witness on his behalf and a court will render a decision based upon the evidence presented.

And I doubt that you are with him every hour of every day - that is almost impossible, and if you claim such a thing, all the other side has to do is find ONE INSTANCE where that is NOT the case, and everything you say will be cast aside as unreliable. If it is entirely true, and the two of you are like conjoined twins, then go right ahead and testify to that fact. But, if as I suspect, the two of you are only together MOST (but not all) of the time, then testify to the truth - not to the glittering generality utilizing an absolute term such as "always."

Are you with him at work? Or, does he "work" at home fixing cars as you suggested? If either of you works, then you are out of each other's sight for periods of time each day. If neither of you works, there could be other problems behind all of this.

It could well be that she is lying. If he can find a receipt or an unbiased witness that can show he was someplace else when she swears she saw him, then that may well be enough to cast doubt on HER testimony. Keep in mind that your testimony may be just as suspect as hers because you both have a dog in the fight - she wants to get him in trouble and you want to save him from trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">