• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darryle1435

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Albuquerque, NM Bernalillo County
I received a Bond Arraignment letter to show up in front of a judge for child endangerment. I received my ticket before hand. I don't have a criminal record. I don't even have so much as a speeding ticket. When the officer issued me the ticket he said it was a misdemeanor. The officer also said that the incident look more like a accident and I was very cooperative with him. Child services got involved and spoke to my Ex-wife and they told her that they were going to send me to parenting classes. I am a first time parent, and I just got released from the military. I just wanted to know what are my options, or rights? If I have any

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Albuquerque, NM Bernalillo County
I received a Bond Arraignment letter to show up in front of a judge for child endangerment. I received my ticket before hand. I don't have a criminal record. I don't even have so much as a speeding ticket. When the officer issued me the ticket he said it was a misdemeanor. The officer also said that the incident look more like a accident and I was very cooperative with him. Child services got involved and spoke to my Ex-wife and they told her that they were going to send me to parenting classes. I am a first time parent, and I just got released from the military. I just wanted to know what are my options, or rights? If I have any
Begin reading here: http://www.lopdnm.us/clients/Public_Defender_Reprentation_and_Court_Process.php

Just Blue

Px Hx...

How were you endangering your child?

darryle1435

Not thinking. I left my child in the car with the air on. While I ran into the bank. Someone called the police on me.

adjusterjack

Not thinking. I left my child in the car with the air on. While I ran into the bank. Someone called the police on me.
And rightly so. Children have died in minutes after being left in a car.

And the courts tend to throw the book at people who do it.

Misdemeanors tend to have penalties of up to $2500 in fines and up to a year in jail. And a misdemeanor is a "criminal record."

Hire a lawyer. No matter what it costs you, you need to make sure you don't get a conviction.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
1) Being a first time parent is *not* a valid excuse. In fact, it's a rather lame excuse.

2) Even with AC on - it is not wise to leave a child the age of yours alone. There are so many things that could go wrong in this scenario.

3) Use more descriptive titles for your threads than "Help".

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
1) Being a first time parent is *not* a valid excuse. In fact, it's a rather lame excuse.

2) Even with AC on - it is not wise to leave a child the age of yours alone. There are so many things that could go wrong in this scenario.

3) Use more descriptive titles for your threads than "Help".
Where did you see the child's age? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">