• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! protection order false accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tngal01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
I live in KY, but my ex was granted a protection order against me in TN., on Sept 2010. At the hearing, he made up lies told i came to his house, which I did not. I contacted an attorney about appealing the order because of the lies he told, because i could prove where I was on the date and time he said I was at his house. Attorney agreed, would accept my case, only thing is that I couldn't afford his fees. So i just let it go. Now, what I feared might happen is happening. I just received notice in mail of court date n a few weeks, my ex is saying that I have been texting his phone again, which I have not, I havn't had any contact with him at all since the po was issued. I have all my phone recs showing all calls and texts that I have made. In trying to figure out how he was going to show that I text him, a friend of mine said he could be using a pre paid phone, sending text to his reg phone, then saying im the one sending the text. I've been checking, and pre paid phone don't have to be registered, therefore no way of showing who phone belongs to. Now, my question is, if i havn't text him(phone recs proving that), then how can he say it was me sending text?

mistoffolees

He can say whatever he wants, but he has to prove it - IF YOU ARE THERE TO DEFEND YOURSELF.

You messed up the first time. If you had solid evidence that you couldn't have been where you were claimed to be, you should have presented it - lawyer or no lawyer.

Go to court and bring your phone records. Ask ex to show where his number shows up on your records.

If he says you used a different phone, ask the judge to order him to provide evidence to back that up.

Tngal01

Thank you, but the reason I didn't have any evidence the first time he lied, was because I had no idea he was going to say that at the hearing, and I knew I didnt go to his house but didn't have time to sit there in court and think about where I was and what I was doing at that time, which was like 4 months earlier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">