• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help. TRO- RO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms3053

TRO Granted

My ex had his TRO granted today.

The judge was upset that I couldn't come to an agreement and had already made up her mind before the hearing. He had a lawyer and, I wish I did. I though they would ask me if i wanted a free lawyer since I make no money, but they did not.

His lawyer said I keyed his car, I said I was going to kill him and his family, and other stuff.

Now, I am scared, and didn't think I would lose. I had a police statment and so on, which she would NOT look at because the cop was not in court with me.

I am not sure what can go on now. Can he sue me for lawyer fees and so on? Can he file charges now since he won?

Please someone, help.

Gracie3787

TRO Granted

My ex had his TRO granted today.

The judge was upset that I couldn't come to an agreement and had already made up her mind before the hearing. He had a lawyer and, I wish I did. I though they would ask me if i wanted a free lawyer since I make no money, but they did not.

His lawyer said I keyed his car, I said I was going to kill him and his family, and other stuff.

Now, I am scared, and didn't think I would lose. I had a police statment and so on, which she would NOT look at because the cop was not in court with me.

I am not sure what can go on now. Can he sue me for lawyer fees and so on? Can he file charges now since he won?

Please someone, help.
You haven't given enough info for an answer other than this-

Yes, he can sue you for his attorney's fees.

Yes, it is possible (depending on the circumstances) for the state to file some type of criminal charges.

You really need to speak to a local attorney to see what your options are.

CdwJava

What state are you in?

Was the TRO granted solely because of the vandalism?

What do you think the police report would have proven? Even if the officer had shown up, what would the officer have said that could have shown you to be not guilty? By itself, the police report means nothing and that is why the judge likely did not read it.

If you hope to revisit the issue and seek to overturn the TRO you will almost certainly need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">