• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hi need some advice asap thanks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jongan

i reside in nyc so this story is kinda weird so bare with me.i was really good friends with a guy in the gym etc,he had this girl he messed around with that kept trying to get with me i ignored her etc as my friend was messing with her,she then tried to hook me up with her friend which i did talk to for a few days then dropped her a few days later and wanted nothing to do with her,the first girl started causing issues with me and said guy claiming i was flirting with her etc which wasn't true,i then showed him proof she was lying and he said sorry etc but for some reason he kept talking to her,then said girl aka the first girl started bothering my ex which whom me and she was trying to work things out sending her pictures and text,both me and my girl changed our numbers to avoid the first girl as she kept harassing me i even filed a police report the day after they kept bothering my ex girlfriend the cops said they can only take a police report since it's not a domestic case,a few days later i have cops showing up at my door saying i harassed these girls and threatened them via text etc so they arrested me and put a restraining order on me,the dates the lawyer gave me on my phone records it show no contact with these females only the day of them harassing my girlfriend i texted them asking them to leave me and her alone and the very next day i did the police report which all have dates on it.how can two females get me arrested claiming we was together when in fact we wasn't?i have proof of the days given to the police no contact was ever made,phone bill going back to 18 months of never calling either girl, only knew them for a max of two weeks and seen them max of three times in person,tons of pictures/text harrasing my girlfriend,

what should i expect when i go to court because this is crazy they lied to get this on me but when i went to the pd for help they refused to help me

also can i file criminal charges for a false claim?

and will they be at the hearing etc?

another thing that's odd is imessage don't show up on phone bills obviously one can take screen shots but it can be altered ,so can that hold up in a court of law even tho it don't show up on a phone bill if they can show pics of a convo that can always be edited?

Last edited:

Proserpina

Your phone records don't prove anything except that you didn't call anyone from that phone. Doesn't prove that you didn't call them from that $20 tracfone ... see what I'm saying?

You'll probably be wanting an attorney.

jongan

Your phone records don't prove anything except that you didn't call anyone from that phone. Doesn't prove that you didn't call them from that $20 tracfone ... see what I'm saying?

You'll probably be wanting an attorney.
def understandable but considering the lawyer had told me they claimed i called them on x dates from my personal cell phone is the reason i'm saying i can prove without a doubt i didn't contact them.

if i did contact them from another phone etc,wouldn't they need to prove that which obviously they can't cause i never did.

so basically from my understanding is one can lie about how a person contacted them and it's up to the law to believe it or not?i mean how can i prove i never contacted them from another phone if that's the case which it's not?one can simply lie and say he texted me from this number etc......how can i prove i didn't ?just makes no sense to me how easy it is to lie if that's what you guys are saying

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">