• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i find out if a pfa was filed against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgreen82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was on vacation with my now ex girlfriend in san juan, PR bout 2 weeks ago, the first night there we had been drinking too much and began to argue, hotel security was called because of a noise complaint and we both went our seperate ways. later that day after walking away from her and a bad situation i received hateful text/voice messages from her saying how she was filing a pfa against me. I have been home for 5 days and have not received any letter/phone calls from anyone regarding this matter. How long does the process take and how do I know if one was even filed or if she was just blowing smoke?

thank you for your time,

Hot Topic

Considering where the incident took place, I wouldn't count on any charges being filed.

Be smart, and don't contact her by email, by telephone or in person. Move on.

And watch how much you drink in future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">