• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get things under control after third parties blew it out of proportion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wunderkind

Last thursday my husband and i had an argument that lasted Just a few minutes but during the argument i slapped him and he contacted his unit and military police to diffuse the situation but this ended up making things worse. I admitted to slapping him, i was taken in for questioning and released without charges withing hours.
Today cps showed up at my door and they lady insisted that if i didnt let her in and interrogate my children she will take me to court then she asked me and my husband to sign papers that say that we wont fight for 30 days and if we did someone would leave the house. Which is ridiculous because we never argue this was an isolated incident.

This has been blown out of proportion in the 20+ years that we have known eachother is the first time that we have argued, our children have never been abussed and they are not in any danger. I feel so helpless and frustrated that i dont know what to do. My husband and i have worked out our differences but now we have his unit and cps making a bigger deal than what it was by showing up in our house and threatening us with legal action including court.

The kids were inside the house with a friend and a therapist and they didn't witness anything and didnt know what had happened until i talked to them that evening.

Wunderkind

No charges were pressed. i wasnt even arrested. I was simply asked to talk to the detective and i complied.

But i have never been in trouble with the law, therefore i am worried because i dont know what to do or what to expect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">