• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I modify (or dispute) a PPO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyricalliar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My ex-boyfriend has served me with a PPO. In it I have been accused of stalking, being a "harm to him/his family", and lying/slandering his image.

This is the guy why has raped me, denied our child, and (for the past 6 months) made me feel unsafe. If anything, I should be the one getting a PPO on him!

He has filed a stalking version of the PPO, effective for one year. We live in the same town, go to the same places, and will inevitably end up in the same places at the same time. Regardless of it being intentional or not; it's just a fact of living in a small town. Under the rules of the PPO; if I so much as show up in his line of sight...I'm in violation. And he would have the right to call the police and ask for an arrest.

I need to know how I can dispute or modify the terms to better protect myself against any accidental violations.
Is there anything I can do to counter-act this? And/or could I get one for myself as protection against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">