• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does an Injunction for Protection (restraining order) Last?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ITEddie

What is the name of your state? FL

My girlfriend took and Injunction for Protection order out against me in July of last year.. She has tried to drop it several times and the courts told her that I have to attend several classes first.

Does the injunction for Protection order ever expire? If so How can I find out when it expires?? I dont have the original paperwork from when the cops threw me out of my house.

Thank You

P

Pfaffing85690

I dont know about IN , but down here n FL even though the girl drops the lawsuit , the State will take over.(Florida gets alot of people in the system so they (The State)can get more money.
Remember that little quote you posted in another thread?

So here's your answer. I hope Never.

I

ITEddie

Will u please explain??

I hope never ..What does that mean.. I dont even know u.. Do u know Florida Law?

Im thinking about the reply I made about the state.. And it is true.. The state is out to put everyone they can in the system.. If the cops are called in this state for DV the rule is 1 person goes to jail..

I have had that happen 2 many of my friends and myself for that matter.. My girlfriend or soon to be X is or was a cop caller.. I NEVER have been violent with her, its my mouth that made her call the police. And she was calling them alot..

Thank You

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">