• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how protect myself against false allegations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenshi_R

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
we are filing for divorce finally and I just want to make sure I'm prepared for anything stupid that my wife can do to gain control over me or our kid's custody
since she already mentioned few times that she can call cops on me and throw some false domestic violence charges...
we argue a lot and cursing goes both ways even though she denies that she ever treated me badly.
she denies everything even when faced with solid facts. that's why I'm worried because she can change her mind next day like she did many times and say opposite of what we agreed on last week I'm not sure what to call a person like that. egomaniac I guess? she wants people to be around her ready for her commands on the spot to do things for her and live on her schedule. and if they don't she toss them like dirty socks...
which is why I'm leaving after many years of trying to work things out because I don't like to give up...

anyway we fight a lot and argue but never physical. maybe few dirty socks and empty paper cups thrown at eachother at times lol and some pillows too
we still sleep in the same bed, and have occasional sex... when things calm down.

every day shes different I have no idea who I'm gonna talk to next day...

maybe a link or any info how to spot if she is planning anything or how to tell if she is instigating to make me look like an aggressor so she can call cops on me?

I'm not scared but I rather be prepared just in case, I don't want to make my life any more difficult than it is.

she is trying to get full custody one day next day she agrees on 50/50 and treats me good and then back to complete bitch next day and then denies everything and pretends she forgot what I just told her or what we talked about yesterday. when I tell her what the deal Is with divorce she acts very surprised even though we discussed every detail at least 10 times before...

in short I just want to leave and have 50/50 custody of our kid. I want nothing to do with her at all... she can support herself completely she got a house and makes a little bit more than I do at the moment and have all her family close by I don't have anyone here I don't know if its gonna affect custody or not I hope it doesnt

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Do not allow yourself to be in the same room as her without a witness. A friend of my spouse actually beat herself with cupboard doors and other items, prior to calling police and having her hubby arrest for DV and obtaining a restraining order so she could have possession of the house.

tenshi_R

would a cellphone recording work?

for example if I catch her doing something like that and its on camera?

or for example if she says that I slapped her or something stupid if I start recording right away to show that theres no red marks on her face from slapping would that stand up in court since theres a timestamp on the video.

I'm laughing as I'm typing because this is really stupid that it got to this level but the more I read online the more I'm worried about my rights as a man when it comes to family court. it seems like men end up losing a lot after the court settles during divorce.

Proserpina

would a cellphone recording work?

for example if I catch her doing something like that and its on camera?

or for example if she says that I slapped her or something stupid if I start recording right away to show that theres no red marks on her face from slapping would that stand up in court since theres a timestamp on the video.

I'm laughing as I'm typing because this is really stupid that it got to this level but the more I read online the more I'm worried about my rights as a man when it comes to family court. it seems like men end up losing a lot after the court settles during divorce.
You're right - it's really stupid.

Stop it. You control your own actions. Nobody else.

tenshi_R

i dont need catchy one liners or generic self help quotes were not in a damn movie or tony robbins seminar...

please don't help me prosephina.

everyone else thank you and please continue

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Given that your state is a two-party consent state, you're not going to be using any recording in court. Of course, a prosecutor might - to show you violating those laws.

Your best bet is to have a serious sit-down with an attorney and discuss the best way)s) to protect yourself.

tenshi_R

I think Washington is one party consent..i was reading about it last year I belive unless it was changed recently

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No. You are wrong. Washington is a two party consent state according to my google search.

So you've dissed stealth and blocked pro. Wonder which senior is next.

The BEST legal advice you have been given here is to not be alone with someone you fully expect to make false allegations. But hey, continue sleeping with her every night, with occasional hankie pankie when there's nothing else better to do.

Sorry, no Valentine's Day bonus items to go with the tin foil hat instructions.

tenshi_R

what about security camera?
I use a webcam based camera in the window that records parking lot but the sound is inside the room
she knows about it. would that be valid?

Proserpina

and Proserpina you might know a lot but you have a crappy attitude I rather get advice from other people who might not know as much as you but not deal with your sarcastic one liners... get over yourself
it seems like you come here to prove to yourself how great and superior you are...

Since it's obvious that I am clearly greater than and superior to your good self, it appears I have no further requirement to prove anything.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">