• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to remove a no contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akuska

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
About a year ago I got into a huge argument with my husband. In the process he damaged my cell phone and my car. When we went to court, he paid to replace my phone and the repair the damages to my car. The judge also placed a no contact order on him from me. Since then he has had to talk to my mother to see my daughter which he has always been there for, since she was one month old. She is now three. We have been living together for 4 months now and i want to remove it. How do I do that?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
About a year ago I got into a huge argument with my husband. In the process he damaged my cell phone and my car. When we went to court, he paid to replace my phone and the repair the damages to my car. The judge also placed a no contact order on him from me. Since then he has had to talk to my mother to see my daughter which he has always been there for, since she was one month old. She is now three. We have been living together for 4 months now and i want to remove it. How do I do that?
Perhaps you could ask the judge to modify the order to allow communications ONLY as they relate to the child.

Isis1

Living together for four months, huh? Hmmm. Well. Here's the thing. Now he is in violation of the court order. Soooo, kick him out. THEN go to court and ask for a removal of the court order. If denied, then request for a communication only restriction.

If he gets caught living there with you under a protective order, he could do some jail time. Then he'll really be pissed off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">