• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should we come about this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ebaisden

What is the name of your state Texas?

Last year in June of 2011 my husband and I were moving out of an apartment with his mother due to some family issues where the police were called the previous night. As we were trying to move out his mother and aunt were trying to stop us from leaving and hit my husband in the face. When the police arrived his mother and aunt began to accuse my husband of putting them in a choke hold so SAPD called an ambulence for them to get checked out. The EMT's said there was no damage and SAPD let us move. We gave them our address names and phone number even my mother's number. This year in April 2012 when my husband went to get his class B CDL he was arrested on warrant charges of family violence with bodily injury. If I'm not mistaken wouldn't the police have arrested him the day this accured or even the day after since they knew where we were? Even the witnesses (people unrelated to us in any way) gave statements saying my husband never laid a hand on either of them. Also his mother confessed through text they had called the police again after the other two SAPD cops left isn't that illegal to do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state Texas?

Last year in June of 2011 my husband and I were moving out of an apartment with his mother due to some family issues where the police were called the previous night. As we were trying to move out his mother and aunt were trying to stop us from leaving and hit my husband in the face. When the police arrived his mother and aunt began to accuse my husband of putting them in a choke hold so SAPD called an ambulence for them to get checked out. The EMT's said there was no damage and SAPD let us move. We gave them our address names and phone number even my mother's number. This year in April 2012 when my husband went to get his class B CDL he was arrested on warrant charges of family violence with bodily injury. If I'm not mistaken wouldn't the police have arrested him the day this accured or even the day after since they knew where we were? Even the witnesses (people unrelated to us in any way) gave statements saying my husband never laid a hand on either of them. Also his mother confessed through text they had called the police again after the other two SAPD cops left isn't that illegal to do?
He would not necessarily have been arrested. Apparently he was indicted and cited for it and didn't show up because his new address was nto known. None of this is necessarily illegal. Time for hubby to go to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">