• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband falsely accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help1225

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
My husband was supposedly seen smavking a child in the mouth three times at a day care facility. A teacher supposedly saw this taking place. However I was waiting in the car for my husband and said child. there were no marks on the child yet they still want to take him to court. The DCS worker did not follow up on the day of the supposed event until two weeks later. Not one person at the child care facility told the parents about the supposed incident, and continued to allow my husband to bring and drop the child off. Now the parents and my husband are co defendants in this case. the parents received a court appointed attorny and my husband was told that he would have to obtain one on his own. However we cannot afford an attorny. What should we do?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
My husband was supposedly seen smavking a child in the mouth three times at a day care facility. A teacher supposedly saw this taking place. However I was waiting in the car for my husband and said child. there were no marks on the child yet they still want to take him to court. The DCS worker did not follow up on the day of the supposed event until two weeks later. Not one person at the child care facility told the parents about the supposed incident, and continued to allow my husband to bring and drop the child off. Now the parents and my husband are co defendants in this case. the parents received a court appointed attorny and my husband was told that he would have to obtain one on his own. However we cannot afford an attorny. What should we do?
What is your husband's relationship to the child?

It's hard to believe that a day care worker would make up an entire story, even if your husband did not hit the child, something must have happened to cause the worker to make the allegation.

What reason was your husband given for being denied a court appointed attorney?

help1225

He was just told he needed to find his own attorney. The child was crying, but this is not unusual for the child after just getting up. the child was also kick and hitting my husband and he did sternly talk as it is written in the court papers to the child. The worker did not see anything until they got closer. I was waiting in the car and there were no marks on the child. if he hit the child like they are saying the child's face would have at least red marks that I would have seen. I also work for said place, so if there were marks I would have to call in the abuse or I would loose my job and possibly face charges for not calling it in. When I asked the child why he was crying I got Uncle _ would not carry me. My husband is not his uncle we are just close friends of the family so the children call us aunt and uncle.
I forgot to mention that the Daycare was being invetigated by the head person because of somethings that had happened to the child while he was there.

Gracie3787

I copied this from your other thread:

"My husband is being accused of hitting a child in the face 3 times at a daycare facility. I was waiting in the car for my husband and a friends child. The child was crying when he came around the side of the building, but he has cried before. I buckeled the child into his car seat and there were no marks on the child. DCS did not check the child until three weeks later and said that the could not find any marks. During the weeks that followed the alleged incident we were picking the child up like usual. The parents did not even find out about the alleged incident until the DCS worker was going out to check the child. After interviewing the parents and my husband DCS was going to suggest that my husband be supervised around the children. The DCS worker told the child's mother that he needed to call her. My husband called the next day and was asking a question. The DCS worker then decided that she was going to take him to court over the alleged incident. The day before she said that she was closing the case. Now the parents could lose their children and we are not sure what is going to happen to my husband. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the place that this supposedly happened at is my place of work. So I could possibly loose my job. They will not appoint him an attorney, but the child's parents received one. In the court papers it says that the defendants could get a court appointed attorney but they only gave one to the paretnts. They told my husband that he would have to get his own. What are we to do if we cannot afford one? I do not know what to do. Someone please help me!!"

What is your husband being charged with?

Was he not provided an attorney due to financial ability?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">