• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I lied! And, I'm soo very sorry, what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freetotheend

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

well, i lied about my husband hitting me. i fabricated a story more then I should of. i mean he cheated on me with some yournger girl and he did broke my mobile phone which enraged me. we are no longer together, but all i could think was i wanted to get him back. after breaking my phone he left our home and i called the police. i filed a police report for domestic violence and now he is going to trial. i wanna go in and tell the DA that I lied. Now if i do this what will happen overall? what will happen to me for lying?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

well, i lied about my husband hitting me. i fabricated a story more then I should of. i mean he cheated on me with some yournger girl and he did broke my mobile phone which enraged me. we are no longer together, but all i could think was i wanted to get him back. after breaking my phone he left our home and i called the police. i filed a police report for domestic violence and now he is going to trial. i wanna go in and tell the DA that I lied. Now if i do this what will happen overall? what will happen to me for lying?
When you are called to testify, tell the truth. Expect that you could have charges filed against you for filing a false police report.

Not advice: I am sick to death of women/men that abuse the DV law for their petty vengeance. Not too long ago there was little legal protection for DV Victims and now *******s like you jeopardize the protections available. I hope you end up in jail and STBX sues your ass in civil court for damages associated with his arrest.

freetotheend

what are the fines like? i will still tell them i lied, but i would like to know so i can start putting some money aside.

Antigone*

When you are called to testify, tell the truth. Expect that you could have charges filed against you for filing a false police report.

Not advice: I am sick to death of women/men that abuse the DV law for their petty vengeance. Not too long ago there was little legal protection for DV Victims and now *******s like you jeopardize the protections available. I hope you end up in jail and STBX sues your ass in civil court for damages associated with his arrest.
I highly doubt that the prosecution will believe her new story. How many women recant their stories???

I too hope the liar (one way or the other) gets exactly what she deserves.

CdwJava

More than 3/4 of DV victims recant. if you do get charged and convicted for a false police report, expect jail time.

You may have to ask yourself ... would HE go to jail for you? After all, you are willing to go to jail for him.

- Carl

Last edited:
People break up all the time, why can't people just act like grown ups and be civil to one another it happens all the time everyday! It is just those few like yourself and my ex that make things more complicated than they really have to be geez!

cyjeff

Folks,

If the ex broke her property during a fight that she later called the police to report, that CAN reach the standard of domestic violence... especially if said cell phone breakage was to prevent her from calling the police.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Folks,

If the ex broke her property during a fight that she later called the police to report, that CAN reach the standard of domestic violence... especially if said cell phone breakage was to prevent her from calling the police.
Agreed. :(

swrdmbo

I agree with BlueMeanie.

Do you have any idea what the repercussions are of actions such as yours?

EVERY false report weakens the foundation this protection is built on.Thanks to people like you, truly abused people are not always taken seriously.

You can ask my 28 year old friend that called to report her boyfriend had violated his restraining order...oh ...wait...no you can't ask her...she is dead now...at his hands...

but hey....he cheated on you and broke your cell phone...whaaaa...
you had to do something right???

I loathe people like you...no matter the truth of your story...you are a liar...liar if he didn't do it, and a liar if he did and now you are ready to recant...ugh...

People like you are the reason that women like me are not taken seriously when they file reports for DV. Too many women like you use the false reports to get even with a cheater. Victims of DV lose custody of their children to abusers, because people like you lie, influencing the system to think that we are all liars!

I agree with BlueMeanie.

Do you have any idea what the repercussions are of actions such as yours?

EVERY false report weakens the foundation this protection is built on.Thanks to people like you, truly abused people are not always taken seriously.

You can ask my 28 year old friend that called to report her boyfriend had violated his restraining order...oh ...wait...no you can't ask her...she is dead now...at his hands...

but hey....he cheated on you and broke your cell phone...whaaaa...
you had to do something right???

I loathe people like you...no matter the truth of your story...you are a liar...liar if he didn't do it, and a liar if he did and now you are ready to recant...ugh...

I hope you get a cell with BIG BERTHA!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">