• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I lied...please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow37

I found out my husband had been cheating and we got into it. I called the police since I was afraid of him and knew if they left him here, it would have been bad. I told the police that he chocked me in front of my kids but he never hit me. Now he is locked up for this and when I spoke to his PO, she says they are going to revoke the rest of his probation. What can I do to make it right?

Silverplum

I found out my husband had been cheating and we got into it. I called the police since I was afraid of him and knew if they left him here, it would have been bad. I told the police that he chocked me in front of my kids but he never hit me. Now he is locked up for this and when I spoke to his PO, she says they are going to revoke the rest of his probation. What can I do to make it right?
Nothing.

Proserpina

You can admit that you lied, and face charges yourself.

But the state is not likely to believe you (which US state would this be, btw?)

needtoknow37

I really dont know. I thought about telling the judge in court or calling the DA or telling the PO but I really dont know what to do.

needtoknow37

You can admit that you lied, and face charges yourself.

But the state is not likely to believe you (which US state would this be, btw?)
Charges? Well they cant be greater than what he is about to face and the fact that I have to live with this lie. Georgia

Proserpina

Charges? Well they cant be greater than what he is about to face and the fact that I have to live with this lie. Georgia

I'm sorry, but there will be consequences for your actions.

the State will likely be expecting you to retract your statement; what happens after you call/speak with the DA is really anybody's guess.

needtoknow37

I'm sorry, but there will be consequences for your actions.

the State will likely be expecting you to retract your statement; what happens after you call/speak with the DA is really anybody's guess.
Yea, i understand the retracting of the statement. How do I go about doing that? Its only been 2 days...I will take my punishment for this since he honestly didnt touch me at all. Then the police put in the report that he pushed me to the floor and chocked me, that never happened.

Silverplum

Yea, i understand the retracting of the statement. How do I go about doing that? Its only been 2 days...I will take my punishment for this since he honestly didnt touch me at all. Then the police put in the report that he pushed me to the floor and chocked me, that never happened.
The only reason the police were there? You called them.

The only reason the police wrote any of the words they did? You told them exactly what to write.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Victims often feel bad about reporting the abusive behaviour of those they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">