• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice on an injuction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anfox426

Me and my son have a restraining order on his father/my ex boyfriend. I live in FL and obtained the injuction around 3 months ago. I have held up my end and not had any contact with the respondent. I was wanting to call him and discuss child support and possible visitation with our son. However, I do not want to violate the restraining order in any way. So I was wondering if by contacting him I would violate it and if so what would happen? I don't want them to dissolve the injuction, at least not yet, because at this point I don't know his state of mind and if he is still acting irrational. Please give me some legal advice on the issue I would appreciate it!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Me and my son have a restraining order on his father/my ex boyfriend. I live in FL and obtained the injuction around 3 months ago. I have held up my end and not had any contact with the respondent. I was wanting to call him and discuss child support and possible visitation with our son. However, I do not want to violate the restraining order in any way. So I was wondering if by contacting him I would violate it and if so what would happen? I don't want them to dissolve the injuction, at least not yet, because at this point I don't know his state of mind and if he is still acting irrational. Please give me some legal advice on the issue I would appreciate it!!
File in court to establish paternity, support and custody/visitation. That way the injunction is NOT violated and you have court orders for everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">