• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephplus1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My Fiancée was locked up in april and he gave me his texas id and social security card and stuff but i want to give them back to him without contact due to the fact that he has written threatening letters and made threatening phone calls to me...i am pregnant and my main consern is for my unborn childs safty....i reported it to the police here in taylor and they told me to stop the phone calls then to find out what to do after that by conacting a lawyer......

so please help

stephplus1

Are you asking how to give his stuff back without seeing him? Or what you should do about the harassment?

Have a friend drop it off, leave it somewhere for him to retrieve, put it in his mailbox, leave it on his door when he is not home, etc.

To stop the harassment, retraining order.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My Fiancée was locked up in april and he gave me his texas id and social security card and stuff but i want to give them back to him without contact due to the fact that he has written threatening letters and made threatening phone calls to me...i am pregnant and my main consern is for my unborn childs safty....i reported it to the police here in taylor and they told me to stop the phone calls then to find out what to do after that by conacting a lawyer......

so please help

stephplus1
Who cares about his stuff. Is he still in jail?

st-kitts

A domestic violence victim advocate would be useful to you at this point in time. In addition to being familiar with the laws in your state and the attitude toward DV in your county, they will often help you fill out the paperwork for restraining orders, appear with you in court, and ensure the papers are filied. In most regions, their services are free.

The most comprehensive website on domestic violence is AARDVARC.org - An Abuse, Rape and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection.

This website lists domestic violence outreach resources (who employ advocates) and crisis lines by state. Here is a link:

AARDVARC.org - Victim Rights and Victim Assistance by State

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">