• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpioC12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California...Me and my sons father were involved in an Domestic Dispute and he is currently being charge for Felony Spousal Abuse and Felony Battery. He already has a previous strike against him and now the DA is trying to strike him out. I told the DA I didn't want any part of this but they forced me to testify against my will....What can I do to convince the DA to make the charges lesser than what they have them as?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California...Me and my sons father were involved in an Domestic Dispute and he is currently being charge for Felony Spousal Abuse and Felony Battery. He already has a previous strike against him and now the DA is trying to strike him out. I told the DA I didn't want any part of this but they forced me to testify against my will....What can I do to convince the DA to make the charges lesser than what they have them as?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This is basically out of your hands; it's entirely up to the DA now. You can of course speak with the DA and present your wishes but these are serious charges.

Please seek professional help; I don't know your reasons for wanting the charges to be lessened, but that is not a healthy response to being abused.

ScorpioC12

The reason I want them reduced is because I assaulted him first. And I am currently 7 months pregnant and need my sons father there for them. I already asked and begged the DA to reduced the charges and give him anger management, alcohol and substance abuse programs and psychiatric help and he said he would but he wants him to plead guilty and my sons dad won't because he is facing 3 strikes which is 20 yrs to life.

Proserpina

The reason I want them reduced is because I assaulted him first. And I am currently 7 months pregnant and need my sons father there for them. I already asked and begged the DA to reduced the charges and give him anger management, alcohol and substance abuse programs and psychiatric help and he said he would but he wants him to plead guilty and my sons dad won't because he is facing 3 strikes which is 20 yrs to life.

I'm sorry, there really isn't much else to say here. Your son's father should have an attorney representing him (be it PD or privately hired); really he should be taking advice from his attorney.

Antigone*

The only think you can do at this point is take care of yourself and your children. So intesive therapy is what I suggest.

ScorpioC12

He had one but she was pretty much on the DA's side at the 1st arraignment and preliminary, where they forced me to take the stand. He he has a new one now but he hasn't stepped and help get the charges reduced or help get a plea bargain going for him.

Proserpina

He had one but she was pretty much on the DA's side at the 1st arraignment and preliminary, where they forced me to take the stand. He he has a new one now but he hasn't stepped and help get the charges reduced or help get a plea bargain going for him.

If this is his third felony I'm sorry, but he's unlikely to get off without doing serious time. That's the reality.

You can get help here AARDVARC.org - An Abuse, Rape and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection .

ScorpioC12

I got therapy for this incident and that was wasting my time for 30 days in a DV shelter and now I have to attend DV classes. I'm sorry but wasting tax payers dollars throwing someone in jail for life and nobody is dead is a little bit extreme...They need to save the room for child rapists, molesters and murderers who deserve to rot in prison....I came on here for advice not to be ridiculed by people who obviously have nothing else better to do then judge and be just as bad as he is by talking to me that way....And who keeps speaking to me in Spanish? English please so I can understand you. Thank you.

Proserpina

I got therapy for this incident and that was wasting my time for 30 days in a DV shelter and now I have to attend DV classes. I'm sorry but wasting tax payers dollars throwing someone in jail for life and nobody is dead is a little bit extreme...They need to save the room for child rapists, molesters and murderers who deserve to rot in prison....I came on here for advice not to be ridiculed by people who obviously have nothing else better to do then judge and be just as bad as he is by talking to me that way....And who keeps speaking to me in Spanish? English please so I can understand you. Thank you.

That's part of my signature line. It's not aimed at you.

Regardless, he's already got two felonies. This will likely be his third. He is a repeat offender who obviously cannot control his actions or obey the law.

This is something you need to accept.

Antigone*

ay caramba:eek:

No one is judging you. You clearly need help if you are 7 months pregnant and going toe-to-toe with a man. Clearly you both have issues, and if the state feels that the best place for him is prison the so be it.

Not much you can do at this point except take care of yourself and your children.

Proserpina

Another thing just occurred to me.

OP, google "failure to protect". Even if he comes back into your life, CPS may become involved and there's a chance you could lose your child if you stayed with Dad.

ScorpioC12

Oh no I wasn't talking to you Prosperina it was towards Banned Princess, and I'm sorry about that I thought it was somebody answering me in Spanish, no disrespect intended. He has one felony already from when he was younger but they are trying to charge him with 2 more to strike him out. I understand I just feel terribly guilty because I attacked him first and now my son and unborn son may never get to know their father because I couldn't tell the truth to the police when I went to the hospital that night after slipping and falling on my stomach.

CdwJava

You realize that by staying with him you may very likely lose custody of any children, right? Staying with a violent abuser can often result in the children being removed from your home - particularly if there are priors. California can be very tough with this and they can and will hold you accountable for your decision to remain with an abuser. His abuse of you can and does endanger the children - physically and emotionally.

If he is looking at a third strike, then he has a VERY SERIOUS criminal history including some very violent felonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">